• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg: Season Tickets Top 27,000

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

The Bucs do not sell every ticket as a season ticket but they leave a number close to 1,000 for other fans not 24,000. Like I said I am willing to bet the farm that an upper deck season ticket package will be available the second we sell the last ticket in the lower bowl. Saying there is less then 2000 tickets is playing with the truth by only taking the packages currently available into account, we will sell season ticket packages in the sections that are open (including the upper deck), just like we did last year. I honestly can not figure out why you would think otherwise, much less try to argue the point.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If we start 3-0 there will be packages upstairs.  Exciting times.  I got my 4 for the 5th year.

The Bucs do not sell every ticket as a season ticket but they leave a number close to 1,000 for other fans not 24,000. Like I said I am willing to bet the farm that an upper deck season ticket package will be available the second we sell the last ticket in the lower bowl. Saying there is less then 2000 tickets is playing with the truth by only taking the packages currently available into account, we will sell season ticket packages in the sections that are open (including the upper deck), just like we did last year. I honestly can not figure out why you would think otherwise, much less try to argue the point.

Because you are just guessing... you don't know any more than I do.

There is a chance the last season ticket in the lower bowl never gets sold this year.  What then?

Moreover, if the are going to sell upper deck tickets, why not sell them now. Why wait?

Sure, I could very well be wrong... but so could you.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

There is a chance the last season ticket in the lower bowl never gets sold this year.  What then?

Moreover, if the are going to sell upper deck tickets, why not sell them now. Why wait?

If the lower tickets don't sell, then they still have lower tickets left...why would someone want upstairs?

It just makes sense to say you only have less than 2k tickets left and then open up the upstairs tickets once those are sold out.  No one is going to pick upper deck over lower if the price is similar.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

If the lower tickets don't sell, then they still have lower tickets left...why would someone want upstairs?

It just makes sense to say you only have less than 2k tickets left and then open up the upstairs tickets once those are sold out.  No one is going to pick upper deck over lower if the price is similar.

I beg to differ... I bought my season tickets last week and specifically asked about 3rd level... you can see the plays develop better and there is a breeze usually up there... Also, if we got on the west sideline (I also believe they are holding single game seats to the east so they can start season packages up there) the sun would never be in our eyes (Cincinnati game was a killer with the sun last year). The rep told me they weren't available and i would have to chose between 220 and 126... I'm just alittle loud so I chose the zoo.  ;D

• Content Count:  3,574

I thought I read somewhere that season tickets in the third level would be available if you requested them.  I think I saw it in Greg's blog.

I thought I read somewhere that season tickets in the third level would be available if you requested them.  I think I saw it in Greg's blog.

Apparently not.

I beg to differ... I bought my season tickets last week and specifically asked about 3rd level... you can see the plays develop better and there is a breeze usually up there... Also, if we got on the west sideline (I also believe they are holding single game seats to the east so they can start season packages up there) the sun would never be in our eyes (Cincinnati game was a killer with the sun last year). The rep told me they weren't available and i would have to chose between 220 and 126... I'm just alittle loud so I chose the zoo.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,461

I would agree that this is a great discussion to be having...

I also agree with puc86...

I am willing to bet the farm that an upper deck season ticket package will be available the second we sell the last ticket in the lower bowl. Saying there is less then 2000 tickets is playing with the truth by only taking the packages currently available into account, we will sell season ticket packages in the sections that are open (including the upper deck), just like we did last year. I honestly can not figure out why you would think otherwise, much less try to argue the point.

and to this

1. Because you are just guessing... you don't know any more than I do.

2. There is a chance the last season ticket in the lower bowl never gets sold this year.  What then?

3. Moreover, if the are going to sell upper deck tickets, why not sell them now. Why wait?

4. Sure, I could very well be wrong... but so could you.

1. Yes, but the force is not with you on this one.

2. The point of the discussion is there will (until we are too many games into the season to make it ridiculous to do so) be season tickets available, lower lever, or otherwise.

3. Sounds really good to say "only x tickets left." They hope to get people off their a$$ to buy them. Not to mention, most prefer lower bowl. I understand the argument against, though. I kinda like the upper level in certain sections.

4. See #1.

I would agree that this is a great discussion to be having...

I also agree with puc86...

I am willing to bet the farm that an upper deck season ticket package will be available the second we sell the last ticket in the lower bowl. Saying there is less then 2000 tickets is playing with the truth by only taking the packages currently available into account, we will sell season ticket packages in the sections that are open (including the upper deck), just like we did last year. I honestly can not figure out why you would think otherwise, much less try to argue the point.

and to this

1. Because you are just guessing... you don't know any more than I do.

2. There is a chance the last season ticket in the lower bowl never gets sold this year.  What then?

3. Moreover, if the are going to sell upper deck tickets, why not sell them now. Why wait?

4. Sure, I could very well be wrong... but so could you.

1. Yes, but the force is not with you on this one.

2. The point of the discussion is there will (until we are too many games into the season to make it ridiculous to do so) be season tickets available, lower lever, or otherwise.

3. Sounds really good to say "only x tickets left." They hope to get people off their a$$ to buy them. Not to mention, most prefer lower bowl. I understand the argument against, though. I kinda like the upper level in certain sections.

4. See #1.

Sure, limiting supply creates a heightened sense of demand. But short of the lower-level donor seats, or club access, the only thing a season ticket means is you get the same seats for 6 games and priority points for road games.

Some people prefer 3rd deck, 50-yard line seats to lower-level corner or endzone seats.  And they want to sit upstairs... So instead of being a season ticket holder, they will buy six single-game tickets in the 3rd level.

How many are doing this? Maybe a handful, but the logic is still the same.  If you're gonna sell upstairs at some point, then why not sell them now even if you don't advertise them... you can still say "only X tickets left in the lower bowl" to generate the demand. Especially if you think people prefer the lower bowl.  In fact, I would argue that advertising there are only X tickets left could make people think these tickets are in the nosebleeds... expecting that 3rd level tickets are being sold now.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

USF has officially said there are less than 1,997 season tickets left -- which seems to contradict your point.

When have they said that?  All I have ever seen is things like in todays Trib which say XXXX lower bowl tickets remain.  I moved my seats this year and I seem to remember an option to be called or informed when the upper bowl tickets open up.  I don't think it will happen this year - but if we sell 2,000 more tickets I have little doubt USF will sell upper bowl season tickets the very next day.

Archived