• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg: Season Tickets Top 27,000

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Still strong: Season tickets top 27,000

USF football continues to build on a record number of season tickets sold, with more than 27,000 now sold with less than a week before the Aug. 30 opener against Tennessee-Martin. The Bulls will continue to sell season tickets until the Sept. 12 home game against Kansas.

Link...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

This is GREAT news.

• Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

EXCELLENT !!!

And the Family Plan is sold out, but a new 4 Ticket Plan in Section 220 at $99 per ticket is available.

I've always been frustrated about our season ticket sales, but we are finally getting there.

DOZEIDHXYDRVSEU.20080111193054.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=7700

[glow=red,2,300]Can we put a link of this seating chart above ?[/glow]

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

Reaching 30k by the Kansas game is definitely in reach!  I hope we can do it, that would be a fantastic benchmark for us to cross and set us up nicely to continue to grow in the future!

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Reaching 30k by the Kansas game is definitely in reach!  I hope we can do it, that would be a fantastic benchmark for us to cross and set us up nicely to continue to grow in the future!

I don't we can get to 30k.  27k sold with only 2k available.  i don't think they are selling 3rd level until 2009 season.

I think KB is right.  There are 27,000 tickets sold and less than 2000 left... simple math shows there are only 29,000 or so season tickets.

I expect (although I have no inside information) that the South Endzone to become a donation-required-for-new-tickets area next year (we Southies with tickets already will be grandfathered in)... then the no-donation-required seats will be upstairs.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

EXCELLENT !!!

And the Family Plan is sold out, but a new 4 Ticket Plan in Section 220 at $99 per ticket is available.

I've always been frustrated about our season ticket sales, but we are finally getting there.

DOZEIDHXYDRVSEU.20080111193054.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=7700

[glow=red,2,300]Can we put a link of this seating chart above ?[/glow]

Section 1-2-5 should get it's own unique color! :D

• Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

It has been stated several times that once lower level season tickets sell out they will begin to sell season tickets in the upperdeck. I am sure that he is getting his extra thousand tickets from the twenty something thousand tickets available in the third level, that will become available when we need more season tickets to sell. I can assure you that there is no way that we will turn away a new season ticket holder if there is one seat left in Ray Jay that we can sell them.

I think KB is right.  There are 27,000 tickets sold and less than 2000 left... simple math shows there are only 29,000 or so season tickets.

I expect (although I have no inside information) that the South Endzone to become a donation-required-for-new-tickets area next year (we Southies with tickets already will be grandfathered in)... then the no-donation-required seats will be upstairs.

It has been stated several times that once lower level season tickets sell out they will begin to sell season tickets in the upperdeck. I am sure that he is getting his extra thousand tickets from the twenty something thousand tickets available in the third level, that will become available when we need more season tickets to sell. I can assure you that there is no way that we will turn away a new season ticket holder if there is one seat left in Ray Jay that we can sell them.

It hasn't been "stated" - it's been hypothisized.  We haven't seen anything official from USF to indicate this, just some educated guesses.

USF has officially said there are less than 1,997 season tickets left -- which seems to contradict your point.

Moreover, even the Tampa Bay Buccanners don't sell every seat as a season ticket... they keep some portion for single-game ticket sales.

However, since single game seats only seem to be sold on the East, it's possible the West side is being held back for overflow season tickets for this season.  But until USF says something officially, we have no way to know for sure.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

USF has officially said there are less than 1,997 season tickets left -- which seems to contradict your point.

One word, "sales." They're trying to squeeze those who have been on the fence. Basically, to make them do this:

oh_noes.jpg

And IF they were to sell the remaining, I think we'd see a few more magically become available. There's no way that this program would go "season tickets? you cannot has," they are too smart for that.

Archived