• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top WR in 2008 ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

Thats not really true. We have a lot of good recievers but we are a running team first and we usually have 3, 4, or 5 WR/TE's on the field as it is. So Grothe isnt locked to one guy. A great reciever would help but it isnt neccessary.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I'll be cautious - the one who drops the fewest catchable balls! ;D

the younger receivers are better but older ones will ge tball thrown to them more(which is a mistake) because they will still drop balls,not finish routes etc

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I was just thinking about this the other day.  While I really like our receivers and think we have nice depth, I don't see a real home run threat among the group.  I think TJ is the closest to that, and Mitchell is next.  So, to answer the question, I'd say TJ shold be the top receiver in 2008.  Get him the ball!  And go recruit some gamebreakers.

we run 4 and 5 receiver sets and no home run threat

i dont think that is so good

• Content Count:  1,457

This could be who you will think will have the most yards, catches, TD's ... or who will have the most impact! They may also return Kicks/Punts and/or End Arounds. The guy that will make the clutch 3rd down catch, etc.

We know how deep our group is and that nobody really has jumped out to be a clear #1.

So many to choose from.

I'm going with SR Taurus Johnson; most experienced, runs End Arounds, and returns. Excited about his contributions.

Go BULLS !!!

I'm with you for Taurus but Mitchell will be a close second.  Heck about 4 other guys will be a close 2nd.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i personally like Jesse Hester's game... i don't know if he'll lead in stats [catches, yardage or TDs], but the guy is clutch, runs good routes and has some of the softest hands on the team.

i don't know who will have the best season, but i will say this: it sure feels good to have a receiving corps that is so talented that there are actually 4 or 5 guys that are legitimately in the discussion as to who will have a breakout season...

and they all bring different strengths and talents to the team.

as long as MG can keep his decision making on an upward tack and get them the ball, our passing game should be very strong this year.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i also want to add that Ced Hill and BBQ are real weapons in the passing game as well...  i hope Gregory continues to draw up plays for them to further diversify our offense.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think the short yardage passing game will dominate this year.

Cedric Hill will have the most receptions and TDs

• Content Count:  4,016

I think the short yardage passing game will dominate this year.

Cedric Hill will have the most receptions and TDs

Agreed.  I think we'll see a ton of Hill, Love, Hester, and the flankers on wide outs.  Soften the defenses and then run.  If we can avoid turnovers then this team can be like 2002 just methodically moving the ball down field continually grabbing 5-15 yards of real estate until the opportunity for a big gain presents.

It will be particularly critical with the NCAA new rule change to a 40 second clock.  Why, oh why, does the NCAA feel the need to continually tinker with the rules.  This means shorter games, less time to score and come from behind and teams with leads can milk clock more.  The point is ball control, and grinding teams will see a distinct advantage. 

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

number of catches - TJ

number of yards -  Mitchell

number of TD's - Bogan

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

~U~ Carlton Mitchell ~U~