• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top WR in 2008 ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

This could be who you will think will have the most yards, catches, TD's ... or who will have the most impact! They may also return Kicks/Punts and/or End Arounds. The guy that will make the clutch 3rd down catch, etc.

We know how deep our group is and that nobody really has jumped out to be a clear #1.

So many to choose from.

I'm going with SR Taurus Johnson; most experienced, runs End Arounds, and returns. Excited about his contributions.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am going to say Mitchell. He has NFL size and speed. If Grothe can get him the ball, we should be in pretty good shape.

TJ will have a good year, but I think he will do exactly what is expected of him.

I think Bogan could have a breakout year as well. Just from what he played last season, that guy looks like an all-around pure receiver. Hopefully he continues to improve and get more involved with the offense.

• Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be cautious - the one who drops the fewest catchable balls! ;D

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I am going to say Mitchell. He has NFL size and speed. If Grothe can get him the ball, we should be in pretty good shape.

Why that almost sounds as if you're questioning MG's abilities....... That's CRASY!

ET let me save you some time:

"It's crasy to even bring MG up in this conversation.  He's perfect.  He led us to 9 wins last season.  You should be happy he chose us over all of those other top-flite schools who wanted him as QB.  His 1:1 TD/INT ratio mean NOTHING!  Plus he's uber-cute.  Don't be crasy."

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Why that almost sounds as if you're questioning MG's abilities....... That's CRASY!

ET let me save you some time:

"It's crasy to even bring MG up in this conversation.  He's perfect.  He led us to 9 wins last season.  You should be happy he chose us over all of those other top-flite schools who wanted him as QB.  His 1:1 TD/INT ratio mean NOTHING!  Plus he's uber-cute.  Don't be crasy."

If you check my posts, I am actually one of the big MG advocates, I wasn't questioning anything, just saying that MG spreads the ball around, but if Mitchell becomes the primary target, he should do well. It didn't come out that way, and I know you are trying to prove a point, but I am not on your side on this one. sorry.

So, to edit for clarity...

If Mitchell is the primary target in this offense, I think we will be in pretty good shape.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

TJ is gunna have a breakout year. 

• Content Count:  1,624

Mitchell will be the best in terms of stats.

TJ will have the most clutch catches

Marcus Edwards will have the most third down conversion catches

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Mitchell will be the best in terms of stats.

TJ will have the most clutch catches

Marcus Edwards will have the most third down conversion catches

I think you hit the nail on the head...

I think Bogan will compete with TJ for most clutch catches, and hopefully Cedric Hill competes with Edwards for most 3rd down conversions.

• Content Count:  919

I was just thinking about this the other day.  While I really like our receivers and think we have nice depth, I don't see a real home run threat among the group.  I think TJ is the closest to that, and Mitchell is next.  So, to answer the question, I'd say TJ shold be the top receiver in 2008.  Get him the ball!  And go recruit some gamebreakers.

Archived