• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hows Colby Erskin coming along?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think all that bully is trying to say is that Kansas is one of the toughest games we will play all year and he would rather that the team looked towards guys with more recent experience and WRs that have been contributing in the first 2 games of the season.

all Colby said is that he wants to come back that game.  it doesnt mean Leavitt is gonna give him 10 touches.

when Colby is healthy he will get phased back into the offense and earn snaps just like everyone else.

FIU seems like a much better foe (on paper anyways) to test the depth chart.  (i think that was Bully's whole point and i dont see anything wrong with that)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403

I'm sure he'll be eased in as he's ready, but Bigbully didn't even seem to know who he was.  I don't think it'll take him long to get into the lineup again.

• Content Count:  1,894

Well my only concern is similiar. If he isn't rushing to get back and gets himself 100 percent ready to go, then good. Athletes tend to skew the truth a bit to get back onto the field. I would like to see him out there if he is anything similar to Ean Randolph. Why can't we have that guy back =(....but we can win with the wr's we have now. It seems that if he slowly works his way back and proves it in the game he will obviously get the ball more. Game speed is completely different then what he is doing now so, I'm looking forward to any options that can help us. He 'could' help.

• Content Count:  4,016

Well my only concern is similiar. If he isn't rushing to get back and gets himself 100 percent ready to go, then good. Athletes tend to skew the truth a bit to get back onto the field. I would like to see him out there if he is anything similar to Ean Randolph. Why can't we have that guy back =(....but we can win with the wr's we have now. It seems that if he slowly works his way back and proves it in the game he will obviously get the ball more. Game speed is completely different then what he is doing now so, I'm looking forward to any options that can help us. He 'could' help.

He's no Ean Randolph, most men couldn't tackle Ean in a phone booth with his ankles tied.  Erskin is definitely faster than Ean, by a long shot, and that is where his value is because he's got nice straight ahead speed, and can get vertical very quick with very good acceleration.  He won't make people look stupid with sick jukes like Ean, but he can make them look stupid by blowing by them when they underestimate his speed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

...I distinctly remember Colby never met a blade of grass he didn't like to trip over.

Yes, FR Game 1 as a RB. We never saw him again at RB, he did very well at Slot when called upon.

But you know better than our coaches that are watching him and our medical staff that evaluates him.

last i checked, the coaches haven't said anything about him, other than what Greg has reported here in this thread [that he isn't practicing with the WR's, but simply working on running/lateral movement/conditioning]

LOL @ homers always resorting to the "the coaches know better than you!" argument.  the lowest common denominator suits u.

So, are you saying you know more than the coaches about his situation ? I think not.

This where the thread went ugly because BBUSF was caught knowing very little about Erskin and went on "attck mode"  ::)

He told me at Fan Fest that he was hoping for a Kansas return.

Yeah, same here. He told me he was looking at the 3rd game of the season, which is Kansas

i admire and respect his drive, but is the biggest OOC game of the season really the place we want to use a guy who hasn't been healthy in over a year?  besides which, isn't Colby a RS sophomore who's never played an actual game for USF?

nothing against Erskin, but Kansas would be the last game on our schedule [outside of WVU] that i'd want to experiment with...

maybe FIU would be a better test for the guy.

what?!?! were you not around in '06? did you just jump on the bandwagon last year? he made some nice catches in '06. the one i remember the most was a diving catch against UCF. Colby came off that season with an awesome spring...catching everything thrown to him. very unfortunate what happened to him and i hope to see him back soon.

"biggest fan" **** measuring contest aside [sorry everyone can't be a megafan like you that remembers every sneeze or bowel movement a Bulls player makes], the point still stands:  is the Kansas matchup really the game u would want to put a relatively inexperienced player who has been injured and hasn't even had a full practice for a year on the field for a test run?

what he did in 2006 and the following spring is irrelevant at this point.

that is absolutely nothing against Erskin--- who i hope makes a full and speedy recovery and contributes immensely to the team--- but we are going to have to play a perfect game to beat Kansas.  why rush Erskin back for his first practice and first game in over a year just so he can play that game?

• Content Count:  3,403

yeah, it happens, heh.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

This where the thread went ugly because BBUSF was caught knowing very little about Erskin and went on "attck mode"  ::)

uhhh, no.

look at the post i quoted, full of "bandwagon" attacks simply because i don't remember each and every one of the 5 touches Erskin got in 2006.  THAT is where the thread went ugly.

now we can keep it ugly, or you can pull your panties out of your rectum and move along.  i already said i was willing to let it go, but if you're going to continue to call me out i'll continue to respond.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He told me at Fan Fest that he was hoping for a Kansas return.

Yeah, same here. He told me he was looking at the 3rd game of the season, which is Kansas

i admire and respect his drive, but is the biggest OOC game of the season really the place we want to use a guy who hasn't been healthy in over a year?  besides which, isn't Colby a RS sophomore who's never played an actual game for USF?

nothing against Erskin, but Kansas would be the last game on our schedule [outside of WVU] that i'd want to experiment with...

maybe FIU would be a better test for the guy.

what?!?! were you not around in '06? did you just jump on the bandwagon last year? he made some nice catches in '06. the one i remember the most was a diving catch against UCF. Colby came off that season with an awesome spring...catching everything thrown to him. very unfortunate what happened to him and i hope to see him back soon.

"biggest fan" **** measuring contest aside [sorry everyone can't be a megafan like you that remembers every sneeze or bowel movement a Bulls player makes], the point still stands:  is the Kansas matchup really the game u would want to put a relatively inexperienced player who has been injured and hasn't even had a full practice for a year on the field for a test run?

what he did in 2006 and the following spring is irrelevant at this point.

that is absolutely nothing against Erskin--- who i hope makes a full and speedy recovery and contributes immensely to the team--- but we are going to have to play a perfect game to beat Kansas.  why rush Erskin back for his first practice and first game in over a year just so he can play that game?

I'm shocked...ET is being critical of another Bulls fan because they are not (to use his own words) in LOVE with a Bulls player and as close to orgasm as he is. 

This coming from a guy who stated Erskin was a TOP WR because he was in the top 8 on the depth chart...TOP EIGHT!!  Derrrr OK ET.

Archived