• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hows Colby Erskin coming along?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone know how his knee is feeling and how fast he is running?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I think it was in Gregs Blog recently that he is working in drills and running but I couldnt find any info in the Blog

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I've yet to see him working with receivers. Just taking it slow, working during practice with a trainer -- running with teammates, working on lateral movements, that kind of thing. They're just being careful with him to make sure there aren't any setbacks ...

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I asked him at Fan Fest and he said he wasn't 100 percent, but he was feeling good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,672
  • Days Won:  29

He told me at Fan Fest that he was hoping for a Kansas return.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah, same here. He told me he was looking at the 3rd game of the season, which is Kansas

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, same here. He told me he was looking at the 3rd game of the season, which is Kansas

Hey it's a good target.  There's no reason he should play before that unless he wants to pad his stats, but the risk/reward ratio is too great.

Plus looking back on the season at the end no one will remember the nobodies we played in the first two games.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i admire and respect his drive, but is the biggest OOC game of the season really the place we want to use a guy who hasn't been healthy in over a year?  besides which, isn't Colby a RS sophomore who's never played an actual game for USF?

nothing against Erskin, but Kansas would be the last game on our schedule [outside of WVU] that i'd want to experiment with...

maybe FIU would be a better test for the guy.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

i admire and respect his drive, but is the biggest OOC game of the season really the place we want to use a guy who hasn't been healthy in over a year?  besides which, isn't Colby a RS sophomore who's never played an actual game for USF?

nothing against Erskin, but Kansas would be the last game on our schedule [outside of WVU] that i'd want to experiment with...

It's not like he's never played football or practiced with the team before.  A RS sophomore is going into his third season.  If he isn't used to the team/playbook by now he shouldn't be on the team at all.  I'm sure he'll gel into the rotation nicely if he's athletically prepared to return.

• Content Count:  113
  • Days Won:  0

what?!?! were you not around in '06? did you just jump on the bandwagon last year? he made some nice catches in '06. the one i remember the most was a diving catch against UCF. Colby came off that season with an awesome spring...catching everything thrown to him. very unfortunate what happened to him and i hope to see him back soon.

Archived