• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hows Colby Erskin coming along?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

He told me at Fan Fest that he was hoping for a Kansas return.

Yeah, same here. He told me he was looking at the 3rd game of the season, which is Kansas

i admire and respect his drive, but is the biggest OOC game of the season really the place we want to use a guy who hasn't been healthy in over a year?  besides which, isn't Colby a RS sophomore who's never played an actual game for USF?

nothing against Erskin, but Kansas would be the last game on our schedule [outside of WVU] that i'd want to experiment with...

maybe FIU would be a better test for the guy.

what?!?! were you not around in '06? did you just jump on the bandwagon last year? he made some nice catches in '06. the one i remember the most was a diving catch against UCF. Colby came off that season with an awesome spring...catching everything thrown to him. very unfortunate what happened to him and i hope to see him back soon.

He also had a sweet one handed catch, though I forget who the opponent was (I'm thinking Pitt or Syracuse). Keep in mind, this guy was also slotted to be our #3 last year before yearing his ACL if I remember right

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

I like everyone else want to see Colby make a full recovery and see him play for the Bulls again. I just don't see it happening by the KU game and maybe not until the last games of the season.  Not only hasn't he fully recovered yet he must fight his way back up an ever deepening depth chart.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Since I have never known anyone speedy who tore an ACL, does a player lose speed?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

He told me at Fan Fest that he was hoping for a Kansas return.

Yeah, same here. He told me he was looking at the 3rd game of the season, which is Kansas

i admire and respect his drive, but is the biggest OOC game of the season really the place we want to use a guy who hasn't been healthy in over a year?  besides which, isn't Colby a RS sophomore who's never played an actual game for USF?

nothing against Erskin, but Kansas would be the last game on our schedule [outside of WVU] that i'd want to experiment with...

maybe FIU would be a better test for the guy.

what?!?! were you not around in '06? did you just jump on the bandwagon last year? he made some nice catches in '06. the one i remember the most was a diving catch against UCF. Colby came off that season with an awesome spring...catching everything thrown to him. very unfortunate what happened to him and i hope to see him back soon.

"biggest fan" **** measuring contest aside [sorry everyone can't be a megafan like you that remembers every sneeze or bowel movement a Bulls player makes], the point still stands:  is the Kansas matchup really the game u would want to put a relatively inexperienced player who has been injured and hasn't even had a full practice for a year on the field for a test run?

what he did in 2006 and the following spring is irrelevant at this point.

that is absolutely nothing against Erskin--- who i hope makes a full and speedy recovery and contributes immensely to the team--- but we are going to have to play a perfect game to beat Kansas.  why rush Erskin back for his first practice and first game in over a year just so he can play that game?

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Since I have never known anyone speedy who tore an ACL, does a player lose speed?

depends on the athlete, but don't be surprised if he loses a step.  not saying it's a given, but it's a tough injury for an athlete to come back from 100%.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,672
  • Days Won:  29

I can't wait for the season ...  ;D

How would a Top receiver returning be bad ? Do some think that Erskin would get the first look on every play? He would work his way in - like a player ALWAYS does.

sorry everyone can't be a megafan like you that remembers every sneeze or bowel movement a Bulls player makes

::)

You should try reading more and it will educate you to be a more knowledgable BULLS fan.

And it's just a knowledgeble fan that knows how good Erskin was and the potential for the 2007 before injury. Even most casual fans remember a guy that caught EVERY ball thrown to him his FR season. Other hardcore fans know how dependable his hands were during camp. Also, his straight ahead speed could be used in Kick Offs ...

Oh wait a minute, BBUSF said regarding Erskin:

???

But doesn't seem to reflect on other players.

Well, you're as consistant as Delbert was @ Auburn.

Try to think reasonably. You are not at practice and obviously have no memory of his ability, or don't matter in your reasoning. But you know better than our coaches that are watching him and our medical staff that evaluates him.

Love debating here !

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I can't wait for the season ...  ;D

How would a Top receiver returning be bad ? Do some think that Erskin would get the first look on every play? He would work his way in - like a player ALWAYS does.

sorry everyone can't be a megafan like you that remembers every sneeze or bowel movement a Bulls player makes

::)

You should try reading more and it will educate you to be a more knowledgable BULLS fan.

And it's just a knowledgeble fan that knows how good Erskin was and the potential for the 2007 before injury. Even most casual fans remember a guy that caught EVERY ball thrown to him his FR season. Other hardcore fans know how dependable his hands were during camp. Also, his straight ahead speed could be used in Kick Offs ...

Oh wait a minute, BBUSF said regarding Erskin:

???

But doesn't seem to reflect on other players.

Well, you're as consistant as Delbert was @ Auburn.

Try to think reasonably. You are not at practice and obviously have no memory of his ability, or don't matter in your reasoning. But you know better than our coaches that are watching him and our medical staff that evaluates him.

Love debating here !

Go BULLS !!!

I dunno if i would call him a top wr seeing has he never really tore it up in games but rather made some nice plays here and there.  The more talent the better but im just not one to get overly worked up over a guy with such little production at the college level.  But obviously the more talent on the practice field and available on game day the better.  Hopefully he can get back to 100% and contribute sooner than later. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,672
  • Days Won:  29

We have 3-4 WR sets, he's on the 2 Deep, what I meant regarding "Top", I should have clarified that. He is one of the Top 8, not Top 4 though - yet!

;D

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We have 3-4 WR sets, he's on the 2 Deep, what I meant regarding "Top", I should have clarified that. He is one of the Top 8, not Top 4 though - yet!

;D

Gotcha. 

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

in 06 i thought he was gonna be the next wes welker.  ill have to wait and see how much these injuries have affected his game.

Archived