• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Name one offensive and defensive player you feel is going to have a breakout season. Try to name someone flying under the radar.

O: Ed Alcin

D: Sabbath Joseph

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Offense - Dontavia Bogan

Defense - David Bedford

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

O: D Bogan

D: T Butler

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Offense: Dontavia Bogan

Defense: Sampson Genus (Dunno if he's really flying under the radar, but I think he's gonna beast this year)

• Content Count:  4,016

Name one offensive and defensive player you feel is going to have a breakout season. Try to name someone flying under the radar.

Looks like you're going for the 'shock and awe' theory...like who will have a breakout season after flying under the radar as someone no one expected to be counted on.  Is this what your looking for?  If so I think your spot on with Joseph.  My guess is Robinson will slowly lose the OLB spot to Joseph in the fall, and be relegated to a 3rd down pass rusher (maybe).  Joseph has put the time in to be that kind of player.

I'd be surprised if Alcin emerged.  My money is on AJ Love.  He's gotten faster, stronger, and is already 6-3 205.  His only knock to me is not fumbling.  Including the spring game I think he fumbled three times in the spring and fall, and that's after only catching like 10 passes.

• Content Count:  1,254

Looks like you're going for the 'shock and awe' theory...like who will have a breakout season after flying under the radar as someone no one expected to be counted on.  Is this what your looking for?  If so I think your spot on with Joseph.  My guess is Robinson will slowly lose the OLB spot to Joseph in the fall, and be relegated to a 3rd down pass rusher (maybe).  Joseph has put the time in to be that kind of player.

I'd be surprised if Alcin emerged.  My money is on AJ Love.  He's gotten faster, stronger, and is already 6-3 205.  His only knock to me is not fumbling.  Including the spring game I think he fumbled three times in the spring and fall, and that's after only catching like 10 passes.

Seems like you and I are certainly on the same thought train. It was a toss up between Love and Alcin for me, and I chose Alcin just because it would be a lot more surprising. You're right though. If Love can stop the fumbling he'll be tough for Big East nickelbacks to keep up with.

• Content Count:  1,894

Sounds like all good opinions to me. My only question is Love having a breakout season? I think he will do great, but how much can be do in our system. I think you will see Bogan and Mitchell be the "it" factor at WR when TJ doesn't get the ball. On Defense I chose Kion Wilson. Im praying this foot injury was not as serious and instead of SJ beating out CR, I hope KW takes over Middle and allows Mckenzie to slide back over. Kion Wilson is a beast, I just hope he gets healthy.

Any word on him?

• Content Count:  573

O:Jamar Taylor

D:Quentin Washington

Archived