• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Top 5 football games you have attended.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

1. West Virgina 07- awesome game and exciting to see the stadium packed.

2. Louisville 05- great time watching the bulls come out and smoke the cards.

3. Bowling Green 02- first ranked opponent we beat, rushed the field. great night.

4. Louisville 03- thrilling double-overtime win.

5. Meinike Car Care Bowl-first bowl game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  246

Not all USF games...sue me.

5.  Kentucky Wesleyan 1997 - The good old days in the Old Sombrero.  Does any one else remember the lone guy that would play the trombone in the stands pre-band days?  My freshman year at USF.

4.  UF @ Mississippi State 2000 – Road trip with some of my Gator buddies.  Unranked Miss St. ended up beating no. 3 UF 47-35.  Miss St. fans went crazy, tore down the goal posts, and pieces of them were every where outside the stadium.  The previous night we had slept in tents a stones throw from the stadium.  After the game, we took an hour to sober up and got the hell out of there.

3.  UF @ UT 1998 – Road trip with the same group of Gator friends.  Tennessee won 20-17 in overtime on a missed UF field goal.  You haven’t lived until you’ve seen over 100,000 orange clad, drunk hilljacks go absolutely nuts.  The fans stormed the field, ripped up huge chunks of turf, and tore down the goal posts.  It looked like a war zone.  The goal posts (w/ CBS camera attached) ended up being thrown into the Tennessee River just outside the stadium.  This game is the reason that the goal post cameras now have quick disconnects.  Tennessee went on to win the National Title that year.

2.  FSU @ Miami 2000 – I grew up a Miami fan, and this is the only game that I got to see in the Orange Bowl.  Miami won 27-24 after scoring the game winning TD with less than a minute remaining.  My seats were in the upper corner of the end zone where FSU attempted the final field goal as time expired.  From the angle, I couldn’t tell if the kick was good or not, and then the fans in the end zone erupted.  Seconds later the jumbotron was flashing “WIDE RIGHT IIIâ€Â.  This was the loudest game that I have ever been to.

1.  USF @ Auburn 2007 – I don’t need to give too much of a description here, but this game had it all.  Great tailgating, great tradition, and great football.  Anyone that has not been to a SEC football game, you need to.  Just get there at least 6 hours prior to the game and start partying.  I currently live in Alabama, so it is great to be able to hold this victory over all the fans here.

• Content Count:  6,928

1) KY Wesleyan 1997

2) @Pitt in 2001 when we were still 1-AA

3) Minieke Car Car Bowl

4) L'Ville "Top 10 " in 2005

5) WVU 2007 WOW

• Content Count:  1,757

5. Meineke CCB... as frustrating as the game was, our fans (outnumbered about 5 to 1) showed NC State fans how to act at a football game... I was so psyched.

4. Louisville `03... my favorite moment as a Bulls fan came at halftime in line at the men's room (wow that sounds really bad).  A Louisville fan was running his mouth with "You guys might win this game, but at least we won't be stuck in this horrible conference (CUSA)."  It was not long after that game we were invited to the Big East too.  This one would be ranked higher, but my wife (fiance at the time) had to miss this one with a migrane / throwing up.  She's as much of a USF fan (if not moreso) than me.  Of course I've never heard the end of her missing this one... didn't help that it was one of the most exciting finishes I've ever seen in a game. 

3. Slippery Rock `98... my first USF game with the girl that would eventually become my wife.  She talked me into going, (although at the time she could have asked me to go to a donkey show or a pottery fair and I would have said yes). 

2. Bowling Green  `02... my girlfriend (now wife) beat all of us on the field after that game.  She was the one out of our group to get up in Urban Myer's face!

1. West Virginia `07... first time RayJay was sold out, it was louder than ANY UF, FSU or Bucs game I'd attended.  The crowd was amazing and didn't shut up for the entire game!   

• Content Count:  1,479

I have two more from pre-Div-1 days: I was at a game in 98 or 99 when USF won the game on a missed FG at the last second(was it WKU?). And I was also at the game where Bill Gramatica hit the 65 yard field goal against Austin Peay.

Andy the Bull, I believe that was against Illinois State.  And it was only a 24 or so yarder, most thought for sure their guy would nail it.  Not sure of the year, most likely 99 though.  And only because it matters, it was a 63 yarder, his brother Martin holds the NCAA record (without a tee) with a 65 yarder!! ;o)

Haha okay thanks.  And I had thought Bill tied Martin's record was where I got 65, but oh well, they are 1 and 2 in the record books. I think it was Leavitt said they thought about taking a delay of game penalty to let him try it from 68.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

5.  UCiF last year - just to see 62 on the board against them puts this one on the list

4. Sun Bowl - for the experience of a semi big time bowl game

3.  Louisville - the Amari Jackson highlight film game - never had I witnessed a game like it in person to that point.

2.  Last year's game against WV - first sell out of RayJay.  The energy was extreme start to finish

1.  Auburn - for the win and the total experience.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

5.  UCiF last year - just to see 62 on the board against them puts this one on the list

ahem...64, thank you very much.

• Content Count:  119

I have two more from pre-Div-1 days: I was at a game in 98 or 99 when USF won the game on a missed FG at the last second(was it WKU?). And I was also at the game where Bill Gramatica hit the 65 yard field goal against Austin Peay.

Andy the Bull, I believe that was against Illinois State.  And it was only a 24 or so yarder, most thought for sure their guy would nail it.  Not sure of the year, most likely 99 though.  And only because it matters, it was a 63 yarder, his brother Martin holds the NCAA record (without a tee) with a 65 yarder!! ;o)

It was against Troy State. We won 14-13. They were fortunate to try the kick on the opposite side of the student section...and still missed!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

My top 5, for no other reason than I had the greatest time at these games.

2007  Auburn

2007  WVU

2007 No. Car.

2005 Meinike

2006 Papa John

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Im gonna go with only USF games on my list.

5. Sun Bowl- Ive been to all 3 bowl games, This was a great experience. The town lives for the game. The Peprally was pretty cool. Walking across the border into Mexico and buying Bulls horns and a Bull piggy bank was cool. All those Mexicans coulnt figure out why they were selling all the Bulls horns. The game sucked, but that didnt really matter. A bowl game is a celebration of the season. We had a hell of a season, sure I wish we won.

4. UL 05. I was in shock. I thought we had no chance in hell to win that game. That was the day I learned that there is no un-winnable game.

3. WVU 08 - Wow, best home game I have ever been to. Was I the only fan that shead a tear. I have only been a part of the university since 03 and I was so proud to be a Bull. That Stadium was rocking. I sprained my ankle rushing the field, but it didnt even hurt......tilll the next am. I know how much of a joy that gme was for mr, but it had to be that much better for someone who has been here since 97. 1997 had to be the best year ever........... Marlins World Series and USF starts Football.

2. AU 08- Awesomeness

1. MCCB - first ever bowl game. This was my first trip with the SBC. For students that are on this board you should look into it. We had the greatest times on those trips. Charlotte was a ball. It was awesome be at a part of USF history. Best play of the game? Brandon Baker 30 yard pass. Did he lead us in passing yards that day?

Archived