• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Understanding Priority Points System

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Won't happen Rezz... the monetary support keeps the athletic machine moving forward! Still... they can't deny your love... if there's a way to get to a game, you'll figure it out no matter what the costs are involved. I'll be at the National Championship someday... ain't no one keeping me out of that game... although right now, I only care about the UF game in 2010!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We have had season tix since day 1- 2 the first year and 4 ever since, always use them and buy many more during the seasons to bring friends, attend many away games and all of the bowls and take 2 others..  We are donors low level, so I'm sure our points are low- the system is what it is but it still stinks.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Won't happen Rezz... the monetary support keeps the athletic machine moving forward! Still... they can't deny your love... if there's a way to get to a game, you'll figure it out no matter what the costs are involved. I'll be at the National Championship someday... ain't no one keeping me out of that game... although right now, I only care about the UF game in 2010!

yea but terry you got a 25 point headstart thanks to the varsity stature.  so let me know when you got tickets.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

i wonder if i will get credit for the bowl games that i went to.  i was still a student when i went but still had to register my name to get the tickets.  hopefully they look back on those things.

There doesn't appear to be points given to anybody for bowl games or away games...

• Content Count:  398

Hey, if the Sun Dolls, Cheerleaders and Mascots get priority points shouldn't former members of the HOT get them as well?

Does anyone else feel this way?

I definitely agree with such. I would imagine the difference is that the formerentities are wholeheartedly a part of Athletics, while HOT is shared iwth Music, but there's absolutely no reason they should not also garner priority points.

Well, athletics still does have the final say with most things regarding HOT as well as they are the ones that fund us and such. I would like to see this changed in the next year.

Just spitballing, so don't kill me. Maybe it's because a portion of the HOT aren't USF students? I don't see that as a reason not to give points, but it could have factored in the decision, maybe?

I seem to remember one of the HOT members having said something about non-USF-degree-seeking students no longer being able to participate due to demand? I could be wrong about that. But because HOT is a credit-bearing class, by definition anyone in it is a USF student, at least part time for the x credits HOT offers.

Schnetty sent out a nice semi-lengthy email about what's going on with the HOT membership for this coming season. He mentioned nothing about disallowing NDS students to perform. The only big change is that there is now a potential cap on the HOT, and it's at 320.

I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to copy and paste the email, but it outlines everything that would happen if that cap was reached during band camp.

And I agree, anyone who is registered and paying tuition to USF for being in the HOT should be considered at least a part-time USF student.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The system is similar (not the same) to what they use at every major university. Seems fair to me.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Are they going to allow you in?

• Content Count:  3,827

There doesn't appear to be points given to anybody for bowl games or away games...

That's the one glaring omission, in my opinion. If you got your tickets through the school, you would think that it would be simple to track, no?

If you're going to get .1 point for every home game attended, wouldnt a road/bowl game be of more value? Maybe a .2? The time, effort, and money it takes to travel around the country following and supporting the University is well worth an extra .1, in my opinion.

That's the one glaring omission, in my opinion. If you got your tickets through the school, you would think that it would be simple to track, no?

If you're going to get .1 point for every home game attended, wouldnt a road/bowl game be of more value? Maybe a .2? The time, effort, and money it takes to travel around the country following and supporting the University is well worth an extra .1, in my opinion.

What about the other sports' postseasons?  Points are awarded for non-football season tickets, so you'd have to award points for all postseasons... which appears to be why USF chose to award none.

• Content Count:  4,738

imo, giving points for away games and bowl games would award the high point people.  if you arent high on the list, you wont have the opportunity to these games in the future

Archived