• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Understanding Priority Points System

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

We are tied into the University records so we can identify USF graduates.  That's also why it's important to give us your full name.  So if we have multiple Joe Smiths, we can identify that you are Joseph Michael Smith, etc.

Eric

Eric - Is there a reason that the mebers of H.O.T. are not awarded priority points?  They are the athletics band and we all know how hard they work for the teams.  I know I certainly couldn't be in the stands with those hot uniforms on and play non-stop.  It seems they should be given some priority as well.  Especially since they will not be able to earn points from game attendance because they are not ticketed in like other students.

Students do not get points for coming to games.  So they aren't losing anything from that stand point.  My understanding is that HOT students get class credit for participating in the band and that they are part of the school of music, not a support group of athletics. 

Eric

Ok I think I understand the thought process anyway.  Not that I agree with it.  They do earn class credit for participation, but I think if you ask every band member why they are in H.O.T., you would not get the answer "to get class credit".  They are there to support the athletic department and the team.  I realize what you are saying is technically correct and you are not trying to imply anything else, but it seems like it would be a small sacrifice in the big scheme of things to at least give them some small incentive to stick it out for 4 years while completing a degree.

Whether they get points or not does not affect me either way...just my 2 cents.  And that's what it is worth.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Sweet, thanks!

• Content Count:  2,363

Hey, if the Sun Dolls, Cheerleaders and Mascots get priority points shouldn't former members of the HOT get them as well?

Does anyone else feel this way?

I definitely agree with such. I would imagine the difference is that the formerentities are wholeheartedly a part of Athletics, while HOT is shared iwth Music, but there's absolutely no reason they should not also garner priority points.

Well, athletics still does have the final say with most things regarding HOT as well as they are the ones that fund us and such. I would like to see this changed in the next year.

Just spitballing, so don't kill me. Maybe it's because a portion of the HOT aren't USF students? I don't see that as a reason not to give points, but it could have factored in the decision, maybe?

I seem to remember one of the HOT members having said something about non-USF-degree-seeking students no longer being able to participate due to demand? I could be wrong about that. But because HOT is a credit-bearing class, by definition anyone in it is a USF student, at least part time for the x credits HOT offers.

• Content Count:  12,293

there was a definite need for a system to be put in place.  now, with putting together something like this...a line has to be drawn somewhere and you can't please everybody.  i feel pretty confident that with my point amount i will be able to get tickets to any  bowl game we go to regardless of how big it is.  that is all that matters to me.

• Content Count:  4,738

i predict I will have a low priority

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

i predict I will have a low priority

Hell, you ought to get a few points just for the picture in your sig!

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Well... we are surely going to find out how organized USF really is when this point system comes out... wonder if they will ever post an order from first to worst so people can actually see how far they are along if a truly big game created ridiculous demand. I mean... if we are playing for the National Championship, and Jewbull has 1.5 more priority points than me, I might be poning up some loot to bump him down so I can get a seat... although I would probably offer him a seat if I could buy more than one b/c I have a kind heart to fellow Bull diehards.

Ohio State has a similar system... but it kinda blew up in their face this year when they revamped it... this system really sucks for future alum ten years from now when people like myself and others are in prime position to always guarentee we are going to have a distant edge on total points. USF will have to refigure the system out one day so the newbies can enjoy USF like we do now. Heck... people like Bulliever (a very old man who has been at USF since Judy Genshaft was in pre-teen years), got me more hooked on USF that I thought would be possible... I love USF football more than women - but that is just me I guess.

Who wants to start the "They screwed up my Priority Points" thread

>:D

too nad they didnt start this a while back.  no credit for all those games when noone was there, people like Sherriff that went to all of the bball games.

• Content Count:  12,293

im glad they have a "who has used season tickets" calculation but i think it should be a lot more.  if you have 6 season tickets and you bring 6 people there to EVERY game then you should get 10 points. 

i wonder if i will get credit for the bowl games that i went to.  i was still a student when i went but still had to register my name to get the tickets.  hopefully they look back on those things.

and i know USF athletics is a business and like all companies they will ultimately look out for the bottom line....but it would be nice it physical support trumped monetary support. 

Archived