• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Understanding Priority Points System

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

The only one I found a little annoying is this one:

Season Ticket Portfolio:   One (1) point for each season ticket purchased for any USF varsity sport from 1972 forward.

Although, I think I kind of understand the reasoning behind it, I also think something in there should be added for the amount of money spent on those season tickets over the years and I don't see that ....... unless I'm missing something.

You're right.  If you are going to look at tickets since 1972, should look at giving as well. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, if the Sun Dolls, Cheerleaders and Mascots get priority points shouldn't former members of the HOT get them as well?

Does anyone else feel this way?

I definitely agree with such. I would imagine the difference is that the formerentities are wholeheartedly a part of Athletics, while HOT is shared iwth Music, but there's absolutely no reason they should not also garner priority points.

Well, athletics still does have the final say with most things regarding HOT as well as they are the ones that fund us and such. I would like to see this changed in the next year.

Just spitballing, so don't kill me. Maybe it's because a portion of the HOT aren't USF students? I don't see that as a reason not to give points, but it could have factored in the decision, maybe?

• Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

So how many do I have?  It doesn't matter what I think I have based on my calculations, it matters what USF says.  It would be nice to see where the records show me before I'm notified about my UCF tickets, but I'm thinking I won't have time to challenge.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

USF Graduate:  Five (5) points for graduating from the University of South Florida (awarded per account).

^^ how do they know if I'm a USF graduate?

ESP.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I guess I have 40 some points. 

They ask when you buy tickets don't they ask if you are an alumni and what year you graduated.  They should be able to verify that, they are part of the University.

This is only for ranking people for tickets purchases correct?

• Content Count:  1,158

We are tied into the University records so we can identify USF graduates.  That's also why it's important to give us your full name.  So if we have multiple Joe Smiths, we can identify that you are Joseph Michael Smith, etc.

Eric

• Content Count:  645

We are tied into the University records so we can identify USF graduates.  That's also why it's important to give us your full name.  So if we have multiple Joe Smiths, we can identify that you are Joseph Michael Smith, etc.

Eric

Eric - Is there a reason that the mebers of H.O.T. are not awarded priority points?  They are the athletics band and we all know how hard they work for the teams.  I know I certainly couldn't be in the stands with those hot uniforms on and play non-stop.  It seems they should be given some priority as well.  Especially since they will not be able to earn points from game attendance because they are not ticketed in like other students.

Eric

Eric - Is there a reason that the mebers of H.O.T. are not awarded priority points?  They are the athletics band and we all know how hard they work for the teams.  I know I certainly couldn't be in the stands with those hot uniforms on and play non-stop.  It seems they should be given some priority as well.  Especially since they will not be able to earn points from game attendance because they are not ticketed in like other students.

Students do not get points for coming to games.  So they aren't losing anything from that stand point.  My understanding is that HOT students get class credit for participating in the band and that they are part of the school of music, not a support group of athletics. 

Eric

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Besides adding up a rough estimate in our heads, is there a way to find out exactly how many PP one has?

Thanks.

They will be downloaded into your ticket account for viewing this week.  We will also be sending out in a mailing your total and if can format it correctly a complete breakdown of how we came up with that total.  Thanks all.

Eric

Archived