• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Honestly, were you on cloud 9 when the Bulls got to #2

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

We've not talked about it much on this board, but how were you acting when the Bulls got to #2?

I was in another world --couldn't get anything done in real life. Everything for those few weeks were about the Bulls!

What a GREAT couple of weeks!  I would say it was the BEST few weeks as a Bulls fan. I think I was so happy that it was even difficult to sleep.  ;D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

I would say "ditto." I could not even comprehend the real nature of the situation...

I saw a friend that morning (not a bulls fan) after the polls came out and he was like "how hard is it to go from this (giving the bulls sign) to this (making a #2)?" I didn't even get it. I was freak'n on cloud nine to say the least. Hope it happens again soon...

• Content Count:  624

Yeah, it was very hard to focus on real life. There were so many articles and publishings that I was desperate to read. It was during my 2nd to last semester of college and I barely did any schoolwork. After we lost to Rutgers, I was so upset I didn't go to classes. But it was a good couple weeks.

• Content Count:  5,241

There was a whole lotta swagger after that Auburn win. And when we were #2, about crapped myself everyday

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i was on cloud 9 after Auburn, then after WVU...

but in all honesty i wasn't comfortable with the Bulls being #2...  too much, too fast.  it went to our guys' heads.

• Content Count:  184

It was really hard to grasp the fact that another florida team (that wasn't Florida, FL. State, or Miami) had climed to the top of college football, much less the school I attend. I have always been a HUGE college football fan, and it was (at the very least) exciting to see South Florida climb to No. 2, and heartbreaking when they lost three in a row.

• Content Count:  12,293

it was a tough time.  you want to enjoy it but yet you cant help but think about the "what ifs" 

on one side of things...i was glad we played on a thursday that week but at the other side...i didnt give us that much time to take it all in.

• Content Count:  131

I had been telling all of my friends we were going to have a breakout year and everyone laughed their asses off at me. before the auburn game i asked "what chance do you think we have" and many of them replied 0%. hence we made a bet and they were mad at the end of the night. then after wv game they finally admitted we were much better than they could have imagined. its unfortunate we didn't maintain a good ranking but it did put us on the map. one step at a time... means we win the BEAST this year ;D

• Content Count:  1,251

when we were at #2....i was wasted.....everyday.....celebrating.....kidn of like i am now......wasted.....i went to class......but didnt really pay attention.......just brought my laptop and looked up USF news.......i really got no work done.....if we get ranked anywhere in the top 10 again and stay there for more than a week......im screwedd

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

It actually made me a very defensive person when it came to talking about college football because everybody was saying USF didnt earn it and arent that good...made me furious

Archived