• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Honestly, were you on cloud 9 when the Bulls got to #2

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

it was pretty awesome...I think the biggest things for me were the Auburn game (my first true road game cause I don't count UCF) and the West Virginia game

being ranked 2 was pretty cool and I definately enjoyed it but I've never been a big fan of the ranking system, especially not early in the season. There's just too many things that change, I wish they didn't even have rankings at all before at least halfway through the season (which I know is when USF hit number 2). Still I think it wasn't the same...in some ways I think I would've preferred ending the season in the Top 25 and not getting as high as number 2. However, I know how much impact making number 2 had on the school and the program and for that reason amongst many others I'm happy we got there

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

We deserved to be ranked #2 !!! And HELL YEAH I was on Cloud 9 !

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  765

It was nice, but the FAU game was enough to keep my feet on the ground.  You can feel bad about Rutgers, but the FAU game could have easily been a loss.  The guys did well to win that one.  I didn't think that one running back would ever get stopped.  It is one game at a time and even a team like FIU can derail the season if the boys don't bring the A game.

• Content Count:  2,363

I was certainly on cloud 9, but a corrollary of that is that I was more nervous for the Rutgers game than I perhaps ever have been for any sporting event, just because I knoew how quickly it could (and did) get taken away.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

It was kind of dreadful, actually. Suddenly I knew how the superpower schools felt. It only takes one loss, whether it's a blowout, a hard-fought game, if the refs screw you, whatever, and it's all over.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Cloud 9, I'd say yes for a short period of time right after hearing of the polls.  But I was still skeptical.  Our team had holes just like everybody else.  A suspect kicking game and a scary all around game at FAU.  I knew it probably wouldn't last but I was still hopefull.  And going into every game after the #2 ranking I still thought we were the better team, so there was still hope.  Winning the Big East was the goal, and should be our goal every year, and we let that slip away with those Bearcat and Huskies losses.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I was on cloud 9.  I wore Bulls gear 24 hrs a day.  My staff decorated my office in Bulls pennants and even my boss ( a Pitt grad) was excited for us.

Archived