• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Honestly, were you on cloud 9 when the Bulls got to #2

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

like the guy hosting College Football Live just before the WVU game..."Nobody has stopped West Virginia in 2 years, (chuckling)what makes USF think they can?" that set me off! especially after USF beat them in 2006!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

ONE WORD...YES!!!

I could not go to class, I could not do my homework, I couldn't even practice trumpet...ALL I DID WAS WATCH ESPN, CAUSE THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT USF!!!

Me and my roommates would have parties on Sunday for the Rankings to come out.  God...it felt so good!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  7,890

Yeah I was and as hard as I tried to keep my feet on the ground i could not. You allways remember your first time.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I was definitely on cloud nine, but I always kept thinking that as the #2 team in the country, we now had a huge bullseye on our backs. I had hoped that our players would continue the same level of play. Three games later, and it was back to reality.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

IT wasn't back to reality. We got screwed on a call in the Rutgers game that shifted momentum. Ray Rice does not carry the ball 40 times if that TD wasn't taken off the board. Teel would have gotten mauled if he had tried to throw on us all night playing catch up.

My biggest gripe about being #2... How the hell was Ohio State more worthy at the time of being ranked higher? That is what I don't get. They had played no one!

• Content Count:  4,642

i never thought there would be a day that i would be upset that we were #2 in the country, but i was after i saw OSU at #1 lol

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It was like crack.  It felt so good I just want MORE!!!!

• Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

We've not talked about it much on this board, but how were you acting when the Bulls got to #2?

I was in another world --couldn't get anything done in real life. Everything for those few weeks were about the Bulls!

What a GREAT couple of weeks!  I would say it was the BEST few weeks as a Bulls fan. I think I was so happy that it was even difficult to sleep.  ;D

i was on cloud 9 long before bulls

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I was excited like everyone else.  What I was really looking for was for USF to win the BE.  Being #2 was thrilling, but it was unrealistic to believe we'd stay there.  Hopefully, this year we win the BE.  If we get ranked high up there, all well and good.  The next two/three years will be telling.

We have a great coach, good players and hopefully great fans who will continue to support the team, win or lose.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I still haven't fully comprended how big this past year was.

I remember having a dream one night...we were playing in the National Championship game...and I'm old..like 70 years. (a 54 year difference from my age now)

That shows how long I thought it would take. Even though we didn't make it all the way...it still was one of the best/ week(s) of my life.

Archived