• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New info on Season Ticket Sales... I need a good memory and a calculator

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We should be at right abotu 30,000.

BUT I believe thats season ticket holders, not the amount of seats purchased.

We do NOT have 30K season ticket holders.  We have between 4-6K season ticket holders who hold X amount of tickets.

This figure can be interpreted a number of ways, and a lot of it is due to how athletics interprets "Season Tickets".  I had heard last year that he three-game mini plans were being sold as season tickets, and that the holders of those packages (of which we sold a LOT) would have the option to renew as if they were season tix.

I believe we were around 20K at the start of last season, but if you add in the 3-game package sales, I wouldn't be surprised if we were ~26000 "season tickets" at the end of last year.  Just my guess.

So... 26000 tickets - 10% dropout = 23400 + 5000 new tix = 28400.

EI,

He might be right.  It would make sense that 90% of season ticket holders are renewing.  Not 90% of tickets.  It could definitely skew the numbers.  I renewed, but added 2 to my previous 4.  That's not 150% renewal.  I believe that would be 100%.  In the end (hehe... (that's for you crambone)) it'll probably be a wash, but I think he's right.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

heh heh heh

Greg said "hard"

heh heh heh

Uhhh settle down Beavis!

• Content Count:  4,738

20,000 x .90 + 5,000 = 23,000

• Content Count:  809

Last I heard from the athletics dept, there's only around 5,000 actual season ticket holders. Many of those ticket holders just hold MULTIPLE seats.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

Last I heard from the athletics dept, there's only around 5,000 actual season ticket holders. Many of those ticket holders just hold MULTIPLE seats.

I am 1

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

isn't that a semantic difference?  i would think the key is the number of seats paid and accounted for.

• Content Count:  1,985

All I know is every year it gets bigger.. And the word I got was that lower bowl was sold out (not totally believing that) and it depends on how you consider the donated seats, student, blah blah blah. 

If they are actually selling upper bowl that is awsome.  I just like to see the stadium packed.  Then the seasson tickets will jump up.  Hell, even I didn't buy season tix the first five years because I had them handed to me by someone every week and could sit anywhere.

Two years ago friends could buy tickets at the game, and sit with us in our section.  Last year, they sat where the tickets allowed.. This year, they each bought season tickets with us, and I paid to move us over another section to sit together. 

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I'm glad I am a season ticket holder now.  In a few years, who knows, Bulls games will be IMPOSSIBLE to get into.  But me and the woman are safe.

• Content Count:  4,738

I'm glad I am a season ticket holder now.  In a few years, who knows, Bulls games will be IMPOSSIBLE to get into.  But me and the woman are safe.

if you have two today, you'll want four tomorrow...go ahead and get them!

• Content Count:  2,277

I bought 4 right when I was a senior (while I was still sitting in the student section) in '04.  Boy am I glad I have those 4 seats now!

Archived