• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why so many recruits so early...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,341
  • Days Won:  10

I will tell you why, they know our schedule is Miami 2009 for 5 years and 2010 Florida and other big programs such as Notre Dame and Michigan State.  That is exciting and that is what a 3 star or 4 star player wants.

We are really starting to kick some butt and now lets get the fans to fill the stadium up for teams like Rutgers and UConn which would translate into money for the program.

Great time to be a bull because we are on stampied speed now..

I wonder if the changes to our coaching staff for recruiting is really starting to pay off.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I agree, gotta keep the playing tough and win the Big East, do that and recruiting will go up another level :)

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I'm loving the great recruiting news early on, but don't forget there are other teams in the Big East! Check out Rutgers recruiting already. We can't stop now just because this is the best early class we've ever had.

http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p=9&c=8&yr=2009

• Content Count:  2,523

I'm loving the great recruiting news early on, but don't forget there are other teams in the Big East! Check out Rutgers recruiting already. We can't stop now just because this is the best early class we've ever had.

Any way we can poach a few kids off of there?  That Mark Harrison looks like a beast.  6-4, 4.38 40?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The good news from that link on rutgers... not a single player from florida.  they have recruited florida very well in recent years... good to see that may be changing (i know... its early).

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Any way we can poach a few kids off of there?  That Mark Harrison looks like a beast.  6-4, 4.38 40?

His review said his weakness is off the line, I am guessing that 4.38 is a for the 35 yard dash

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I  seriously doubt it.

There was only one player, DE Michael Larrow from NJ, on that entire list who USF apparently offered.

http://rutgers.scout.com/a.z?s=183&p=8&c=1&nid=3610424

In fact, FSU and Miami also only made an offer to one player.

I'm just glad they are concentrating more up north than in Florida. So far they don't have any Florida players. Of course, they still recruit here, but they now are getting more good local recruits to stay home.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

It may just be me and my bias, but I will take a 3 star Florida HS player over a 4 star DE/MD/NJ player any day of the week. Florida high school competition is on a whole different plane than what these kids face week in and week out.

• Content Count:  498

It may just be me and my bias, but I will take a 3 star Florida HS player over a 4 star DE/MD/NJ player any day of the week. Florida high school competition is on a whole different plane than what these kids face week in and week out.

my thoughts exactly

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'll take a no star player from any state if CJL has faith in him.  He's proven he can find the diamonds in the rough, so it really doesn't matter who rates whom high or low.  How does CJL rate the player... that is what matters.

Archived