• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU Smack talk has already begun

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

For those of you who have facebook (and are really bored and yearning for some football smack talk), there is an event page on facebook with about 5 pgs of wall post, some of which are kinda funny.

http://usf.facebook.com/event.php?eid=14592474525

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478

What smack can even be said to trash talk us from FIU? I just don't let get how a school that barely got a win after a 23 losing streak can ever smack talk anyone? (Including UCiF)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

What smack can even be said to trash talk us from FIU? I just don't let get how a school that barely got a win after a 23 losing streak can ever smack talk anyone? (Including UCiF)

Well during that 23 game steak we needed a miracle to keep from losing to them at home.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Well during that 23 game steak we needed a miracle to keep from losing to them at home.

OUCH!  Not to mention that the "miracle" was the result of a series of FIU mistakes: missed XP, turnover and a penalty.  Otherwise, FIU would've walked out of RayJay with the WIN that night.

Next to the Oregon melt-down, the FIU game was the next worst-played game since we've been in the Big East.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Now that we know in-state games can be a real fight, i.e. UCF in 2006, FAU in 2007... i think its gonna resemble more the 2007 UCF game.

• Content Count:  1,433

Hopefully, our Bulls will have an opportunity to review that game before we play them.  All my buddies left...they had written us off and didn't get to see the miraculous ending. Thank God...that  would have been horrible if those FIU mistakes hadn't happened.  That game could have joined the thread about our worst ever losses!

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I ranked that game along with the army game as the two ugliest games for the Bulls. The difference was that FIU gave us the win with mistakes at the end of the game.

• Content Count:  1,757

Just another example of why you have to bring it for EVERY game.  Just think of what those Michigan fans felt like loosing at home to an FCS(?) team last year.

These in-state games are ALWAYS going to be intense.  FIU did give us the win that evening with some foolish mistakes.  I remember thinking we were going to loose all night.  We better come out swinging in this game... score early and often.   

FAU last year was much tougher than anyone wanted it to be... if not for some big runs out of Ben Williams and Matt Grothe (as well as some questionable calls from the refs) we would never have made it up to #2 in the rankings.  I'm looking forward to getting them in RayJay for the next contest. 

UCF will be a battle if we go into it hanging onto the memory of last year's throttling.  Last year is over, we need to come out with the same focus and intensity we showed in the 64-12 drubbing.  That's going to be a locker room highlight material for O'Liar-y.  You just know he is going to play the "They ran up the score up on" card.   Add the motivation of UCF to finally get a win in the series and prove something, it's their last chance for the forseable future.  It'll also be our first game in their new "stadium".  We better keep our heads straight going into this year's matchup. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Christ those people are delusional. Yeah, we "escaped" with a one point win last time. But that was 2 years ago, and our football team has come a looooong way since then.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

OUCH!  Not to mention that the "miracle" was the result of a series of FIU mistakes: missed XP, turnover and a penalty.  Otherwise, FIU would've walked out of RayJay with the WIN that night.

Next to the Oregon melt-down, the FIU game was the next worst-played game since we've been in the Big East.

We made more than our share of mistakes as well. We had 3 returns by Ian called back on penalties on drives we did not score on, we had a freshman QB making his first start with a young offense. We made the plays necessary to win. I am pretty sure that we remember that game as do most of the players, so we should win handily.

Archived