• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU Smack talk has already begun

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I think the team learned a lesson from the FAU game that hopefully will care over to the FIU game this year. This team isn't good enough to just show up and win, actually I don't think any college team is that good look at USC vs Stanford or Michigan vs App State just for last year.

key word: hopefully

hopefully they have learned a lesson. but it's a very real possibility that that lesson has been forgotten in the interim.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think the team learned a lesson from the FAU game that hopefully will care over to the FIU game this year. This team isn't good enough to just show up and win, actually I don't think any college team is that good look at USC vs Stanford or Michigan vs App State just for last year.

key word: hopefully

hopefully they have learned a lesson. but it's a very real possibility that that lesson has been forgotten in the interim.

I agree some of the players have might have forgotten but I am sure CJL didn't :)

• Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

What smack can even be said to trash talk us from FIU? I just don't let get how a school that barely got a win after a 23 losing streak can ever smack talk anyone? (Including UCiF)

Well during that 23 game steak we needed a miracle to keep from losing to them at home.

OUCH!  Not to mention that the "miracle" was the result of a series of FIU mistakes: missed XP, turnover and a penalty.  Otherwise, FIU would've walked out of RayJay with the WIN that night.

Next to the Oregon melt-down, the FIU game was the next worst-played game since we've been in the Big East.

exactly.

FIU may be the epitome of FBS futility, but we didn't exactly beat them like they didn't belong on the field with us.

my fear is that FIU becomes this year's FAU:  another Florida team that isn't afraid of us giving us all we can handle in their house.

the FAU game was literally one of the worst games i've ever attended, and had me on edge and uncomfortable the entire game.

if our teams acts like some of our fans and goes down to Miami thinking all we have to do is put pads on and we'll win the game, we might end up the butt of all those FIU jokes.

Last year before the FAU game we would have hopefully remembered the previous years game w/ FIU too. 

Archived