• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Response to K_L's comments on W. Kentucky Games

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, you know my feelings on the Sagarin rankings.  I've hated them for years.  I still don't find them credible.  That's more of a personal preference though.

As long as they keep showing stuff like that, I think they're gold .....  8)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Trip, you know my feelings on the Sagarin rankings.  I've hated them for years.  I still don't find them credible.  That's more of a personal preference though.

If they ever show ucIF in a positive light, I'm sure that your personal preference will change... ;D

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

If they ever show ucIF in a positive light, I'm sure that your personal preference will change... ;D

It's shown UCF in a positive light in basketball back in the ASun days and I still didn't like it.  I've always been a RPI supporter.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,812

UCF = WKU in terms of pecking order for a BCS team.  You're both on the schedule to guarantee an easy win.  End of story.

Keep dreaming.  UCF has far more respect in BCS conferences than WKU.  You are delusional and letting your bias get in the way if you honestly think otherwise.

You are guys a primed for an awesome opponent.  Western Kentucky is currently ranked 116th out of 120 according to Rivals for 2008.  Not only that, but they finished an amazing 107th in last year's rankings with a killer 1-5 record against I-A opponents.  I think that's the lowest ranking team to ever get a 1 and 1 from a BCS school.  Maybe you'll get game of the week with his marquee matchup.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=814389

USF had to play a UCif team with the longest losing streak in the nation; at least WKU does not own the longest losing streak in the nation. Also WKU has done something that UCif has never done and that is actually beat USF.

UCF = WKU in terms of pecking order for a BCS team.  You're both on the schedule to guarantee an easy win.  End of story.

Keep dreaming.  UCF has far more respect in BCS conferences than WKU.  You are delusional and letting your bias get in the way if you honestly think otherwise.

You are guys a primed for an awesome opponent.  Western Kentucky is currently ranked 116th out of 120 according to Rivals for 2008.  Not only that, but they finished an amazing 107th in last year's rankings with a killer 1-5 record against I-A opponents.  I think that's the lowest ranking team to ever get a 1 and 1 from a BCS school.  Maybe you'll get game of the week with his marquee matchup.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=814389

USF had to play a UCif team with the longest losing streak in the nation; at least WKU does not own the longest losing streak in the nation. Also WKU has done something that UCif has never done and that is actually beat USF.

That's longest current streak, not longest all time streak.  Just making sure no one got confused.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Is there any danger, in a one-for-one agreement with WKU to get through the 2009 schedule problem, that they will got to the local papers and call us chickie-poos, demand the series continue, stress how important they are to USF, seek legislation to continue series, etc.?

I'm kind of glad we can play a team and when it is over they go away.  It won't be like a jilted lover all over again.

• Content Count:  1,433

Keep dreaming.  UCF has far more respect in BCS conferences than WKU.  http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=814389

I don't think either of you are really on the radar for BCS conferences with the word respect attached.  I would feel just as nervous about playing WKU as I would UCF.

• Content Count:  4,078

USF isn't Texas 

No but at least you came within 50 points against them. :D

• Content Count:  4,078

The comment that I can add with confidence is that I bet W.Kentucky comes within 50 points of USF. ;) ;D

The comment that I can add with confidence is that I bet W.Kentucky comes within 50 points of USF. ;) ;D

That means your guys aren't getting fired up enough.  You can ask your players..they were super jacked up for the UCF game.

Archived