• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Response to K_L's comments on W. Kentucky Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Age in I-A, Matt.

For me, it was why WKU?  I wouldn't have minded if it was Colorado State, Wyoming or ECU.  It was a question of a I-A newbie getting such a sweet deal.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Age in I-A?

Well that's new. And funny, considering our "age in I-A".

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Age in I-A, Matt.

As Jeff Bower once said, I'd prefer we concern ourselves with quality, not quantity.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Age in I-A, Matt.

For me, it was why WKU?  I wouldn't have minded if it was Colorado State, Wyoming or ECU.  It was a question of a I-A newbie getting such a sweet deal.

Why do you mind at all?

Age in I-A, Matt.

Why do you mind at all?

"Mind" isn't the right term.  I don't mind either way cause my school isn't affected.  I wouldn't have "asked" is the right term.  My bad.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The notion that somehow UCF is more "entitled" to this game because they've been 1-A longer than WKU is maybe the funniest thing I've read in ages.

UCF = WKU in terms of pecking order for a BCS team.  You're both on the schedule to guarantee an easy win.  End of story.

UCF = WKU in terms of pecking order for a BCS team.  You're both on the schedule to guarantee an easy win.  End of story.

Keep dreaming.  UCF has far more respect in BCS conferences than WKU.  You are delusional and letting your bias get in the way if you honestly think otherwise.

You are guys a primed for an awesome opponent.  Western Kentucky is currently ranked 116th out of 120 according to Rivals for 2008.  Not only that, but they finished an amazing 107th in last year's rankings with a killer 1-5 record against I-A opponents.  I think that's the lowest ranking team to ever get a 1 and 1 from a BCS school.  Maybe you'll get game of the week with his marquee matchup.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=814389

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

You are guys a primed for an awesome opponent.  Western Kentucky is currently ranked 116th out of 120 according to Rivals for 2008.  Not only that, but they finished an amazing 107th in last year's rankings with a killer 1-5 record against I-A opponents.

And they finished ahead of 7 CUSA teams in the final Sagarin ratings .... WKU is a stronger opponent than over half of your conference. Would you be up in arms if we had scheduled one of those 7 teams?

I think that's the lowest ranking team to ever get a 1 and 1 from a BCS school.

And ......?

Maybe you'll get game of the week with his marquee matchup.

I think we're on tv plenty enough next year .....

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think that's the lowest ranking team to ever get a 1 and 1 from a BCS school.  Maybe you'll get game of the week with his marquee matchup.

Pittsburgh gave us a 1-and-1 when we were still in I-AA, and probably ranked lower than #107.

Trip, you know my feelings on the Sagarin rankings.  I've hated them for years.  I still don't find them credible.  That's more of a personal preference though.

Archived