• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where is the money?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

I came over and took a peak at your open board and saw 2 threads that stuck out:

1) Home and Home with WKU

but even stranger:

2) Everyone pitch in 20 dollars for a softball stadium.

Really? 

What's next - bake sales?

Our spending has been well documented - and in the mix of it all included throwing up a new softball stadium.  Baseball expansion is supposed to start within weeks.

It's really baffling that you guys are in a BCS conference, and have been to 3 straight bowls, averaged higher attendance in football, and are eligible for the same financing/bonding UCF was and can't make ends meet without traveling to play in a transitional FBS teams stadium.

As a UCF fan I can heckle and poke fun - but what is really surprising is that as USF fans, you guys aren't more up in arms about it.

USF has placed some serious separation between our programs on the field - if you could get your ducks in a row regarding facilities, it would remove any doubt that is there and people would stop confusing our two programs.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Our administrations have been reluctant to incur debt for facilities.  For better or worse.  They have also pushed facilities for the nonrevenues instead of feeding the big ones.  Not my preference.  As for WKU, I think it is an attempt to lock in a game and avoid the possibility of 2 1-AA games next year.

• Content Count:  1,894

Personally the comparison at this point is purely ignorance. The confusion before was understandable given our location and the slight difference of a c and an s. Our upgrades will come soon but I will say when I first got recruited our coaches promised that the baseball stadium would begin building around my senior year. I figured with the changes around usf for the better it would have been done but it wasn't. Ultimately, the performance in the class and on the field is the only thing that matters.

Long beach state

Playing without a home field (LBCC, Cerritos JC and Blair Field), and practicing at a local all-dirt Pony Field, that team won its first 18 games and advanced to the 49ers first College World Series appearance..

Their nickname is the dirtbags and they take pride in that.

They win and that is what they are known for. For some it really matters but reality is a field is a field and Usf should want to be known for its performance before its stylish fields and flashy stadiums. They will come in time.

I thought we could of got a better team than that, but it is what it is (wku)...we don't need to make our schedule any harder if we don't need to with a bcs game garunteed to the winner of the big east. I say it's a good choice.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Our spending has been well documented - and in the mix of it all included throwing up a new softball stadium.  Baseball expansion is supposed to start within weeks.

It's really baffling that you guys are in a BCS conference, and have been to 3 straight bowls, averaged higher attendance in football, and are eligible for the same financing/bonding UCF was and can't make ends meet without traveling to play in a transitional FBS teams stadium.

As a UCF fan I can heckle and poke fun - but what is really surprising is that as USF fans, you guys aren't more up in arms about it.

USF has placed some serious separation between our programs on the field - if you could get your ducks in a row regarding facilities, it would remove any doubt that is there and people would stop confusing our two programs.

Your spending of money not yet earned is documented.  The failure of your shady financing methods has yet to be documented...  Stay tuned.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think we're investing in oil futures

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Great post 04.

First of all, UCF is trying to impress a BCS conference and USF doesn't have to.  Don't need the shiney new toys like you do.

Let me guess...UCF Finance degree?  Did they teach you he with the biggest house and nicest cars has the most money?  Thought so. 

We are three years into a BCS conference.  Yeah, let's spend the money we just made.  Why...cause we got it.  Let's not save our money and do it the right way at the right time. 

Up in arms?  I am glad that USF isn't in a race to build facilities.  I'd rather them concentrate on putting the products on the field.  We are a young program in many ways, no need to rush.  It will pay off in the long run. 

Great post.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

It's probably because most knowledgable USF fans knows what's important and what's not, in the overall scheme of things...

So in your mind the only reason that people still confuse our programs is because of your new facilites and our old/leased ones............. LOL. They are confused because some people are just plain uninformed and don't do proper research..... Plus, we haven't done enough on the field to get EVERYONE'S attention yet. Sure we've shown the separation between the two of us on the field but nobody cares about those games except USF and UCF. To the rest of the country it's no different than us being undefeated against FAU and FIU.

• Content Count:  2,239

I think we're investing in oil futures

If that is the case, you sir, are ****.

;D

• Content Count:  2,239

It's probably because most knowledgable USF fans agree with whatever the athletic office does...

I fixed it up for you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

It's probably because most knowledgable USF fans agree with whatever the athletic office does...

I fixed it up for you.

You ever touch one of my posts again, I kill you...

Archived