• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where is the money?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

You do not play an Ohio State-esque schedule.  Texas, USC, Cal, Oklahoma, VaTech > Miami, Florida, Auburn.

I am not sure what you are saying - Are you saying we play tougher or easier schedules than OSU?

Last year our SoS was 13!  OSU was 34.  (Just by comparison UCF was 75!)

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/120/index2

Out of conference marquee games is what I'm talking about.  Their 2007 schedule was soft.  It tells you something when a very soft OOC schedule still garnered a 34th place spot.  2008 will be much tougher.  They have a marquee opponent every year through 2019.  USC(2008/09), Miami(2010/11), California(2012/13), Virginia Tech(2014/15), Oklahoma(2016/17), Tennessee(2018/19).  I'm not sure if Miami can be called a marquee opponent at this time or how Cal will hold up.

tOSU is required by the state to play in-state teams.  Since none of those schools are any good, it drags down their SoS.

Also, the Big Ten had some crappy teams.  Minnesota and Northwestern were worse than Syracuse.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98

I think there is some truth that USF does not raise money easily.  The reality is that football is what drives athletic donations.  We have not had 30 years worth of students who followed a football team (any football team much less 1A) and understand that getting season tickets and donating for athletics is part of big-sports life.  I think that is changing.  Also, our donation levels for season tickets have always been relatively high and our marketing has not always been the best.  I think those things are also changing.

I'm not really following you with the cost of tickets at USF.  I recently purchased four season tickets to USF this year and on average, they cost me a $500 donation and $120 per season ticket.  That is not expensive at all when you consider where I am sitting.  If I wanted to give an additional $500, I could have gotten club seats.  Do you have any idea what club seats cost at other schools.  If you can even get them, they are five to ten times more expensive than USF.  That is one of the problems of USF playing off campus at Raymond James.  USF does not need a 66,000 seat stadium yet.  Sure they will sellout an occastional game, but the single game tickets they are selling are selling for around $25.  You don't get donor money when you can just walk up to any game and buy tickets.  The smaller amount of available tickets drives up the prices, a 45,000 to 50,000 seat stadium would do wonders for USF. 

What makes you think for ane extra $500 you could have gotten club seats?  There is the minimum donation levels for sections and then there is the reality of what is available.  For $1000 I couldn't get anything in the 200s closer than the 10 yeard line.  I think after I had found some other tickets my rep e-mailed me that a guy on the east side was moving and those 4 would be available, but other than that nada.

You want the $25 walk-up tickets, great.  You will be in the end zones or 300s. 

Last year I never paid more than $20 for a ticket and twice I got club seats.

Not sure who your rep is but I easily could have gotten up to eight tickets in the club section for an addtional $500 donation.  I just don't need that many and have no problem sitting where I do.

• Content Count:  2,239

I think there is some truth that USF does not raise money easily.  The reality is that football is what drives athletic donations.  We have not had 30 years worth of students who followed a football team (any football team much less 1A) and understand that getting season tickets and donating for athletics is part of big-sports life.  I think that is changing.  Also, our donation levels for season tickets have always been relatively high and our marketing has not always been the best.  I think those things are also changing.

I'm not really following you with the cost of tickets at USF.  I recently purchased four season tickets to USF this year and on average, they cost me a $500 donation and $120 per season ticket.  That is not expensive at all when you consider where I am sitting.  If I wanted to give an additional $500, I could have gotten club seats.  Do you have any idea what club seats cost at other schools.  If you can even get them, they are five to ten times more expensive than USF.  That is one of the problems of USF playing off campus at Raymond James.  USF does not need a 66,000 seat stadium yet.  Sure they will sellout an occastional game, but the single game tickets they are selling are selling for around $25.  You don't get donor money when you can just walk up to any game and buy tickets.  The smaller amount of available tickets drives up the prices, a 45,000 to 50,000 seat stadium would do wonders for USF. 

What makes you think for ane extra $500 you could have gotten club seats?  There is the minimum donation levels for sections and then there is the reality of what is available.  For $1000 I couldn't get anything in the 200s closer than the 10 yeard line.  I think after I had found some other tickets my rep e-mailed me that a guy on the east side was moving and those 4 would be available, but other than that nada.

Not sure who your rep is but I easily could have gotten up to eight tickets in the club section for an addtional $500 donation.  I just don't need that many and have no problem sitting where I do.

Shoot.  You guys get it cheap.  I'm not even at the 40(close though) on the visiting side and I donate $1000.  I don't mind though.  I appreciated the tax writeoff.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

You do not play an Ohio State-esque schedule.  Texas, USC, Cal, Oklahoma, VaTech > Miami, Florida, Auburn.

I am not sure what you are saying - Are you saying we play tougher or easier schedules than OSU?

Last year our SoS was 13!  OSU was 34.  (Just by comparison UCF was 75!)

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/120/index2

Texas          < almost lost to UCF

Cincinnati          decent

Penn State  < decent, but not spectacular

Iowa                bad

Bowling Green    bad

Michigan State    bad

Indiana              bad

Minnesota          bad

Illinois          < ok, but did you catch the rose bowl?

Northwestern    bad

Michigan      < decent but lost to 1AA team

Elon

Auburn          < decent, didn't finish that well

North Carolina        bad

West Virginia          Good team

Florida Atlantic        bad

UCF                      bad

Rutgers                decent-bad

Connecticut          decent-bad

Cincinnati              decent

Syracuse              bad

Louisville              bad

Pittsburgh            bad

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Shoot.  You guys get it cheap.  I'm not even at the 40(close though) on the visiting side and I donate $1000.  I don't mind though.  I appreciated the tax writeoff.

I think Gridiron God sits next to you

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Club level at RayJay run from endzone to endzone, so just because you are in a club section doesn't mean you are near the 40 like you are.

Archived