• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone explain Western Kentucky?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

This is stupid. We are becoming a national household name, and then we go and do somthing like this. We are not going to become a national powerhouse in the eyes of the nation by playing WKU. Shame on Doug Woolard. Maybe he should go to Washington...

Don't blame Woolard...he doesn't make the football schedules.

Leavitt controls/makes his own football schedule...and Woolard just signs the game contracts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Im sure WKU will give us a better game than the Knights did last year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

All I have to say is this won't help 2010 Season ticket sales.

I wonder how much longer we have to wait before this mentality is a thing of the past ...

Probably long after you stop selling BCS season tix for just $88.

But then again...that's only a guess.

You totally missed the point ................. as usual.

KL, why are you here and why do you even care. 

The answer is pretty simple ......  :loser

This is stupid. We are becoming a national household name, and then we go and do somthing like this. We are not going to become a national powerhouse in the eyes of the nation by playing WKU. Shame on Doug Woolard. Maybe he should go to Washington...

Don't blame Woolard...he doesn't make the football schedules.

Leavitt controls/makes his own football schedule...and Woolard just signs the game contracts.

Whoever's doing the football schedules has done a helluvajob to get us where we are today ....

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I think it's simply a matter of there was a hole in the schedule the next 2 yrs for a non bcs team, and WKU fit the bill.  Our non conf BCS slots for those years are already filled with Miami and Florida, so no need to add another taxing game.  Should be a fairly "easy" win (I know WKU is a decent lower level 1-a team).  He should have pushed for a 2-1, but maybe his options were limited since the schedule needed to be filled fairly soon.  I don't have a problem with this, it gives us 7 home games in 2010, which is needed with the tough away schedule.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

1. After last season, USF is finding it difficult to find mid-level home-and-home games against BCS programs.

2. Next year could be a special year for USF with Matt Grothe in his senior year. Thus if you make sure you don't overschedule, you set yourself up for a potential run at a BCS championship or at least get yourself into the conversation. After what happened last year, nobody can really scoff at this suggestion....and I 'm not just referring to USF.

3. In 2010, USF starts a new QB thus playing 7 home games is the best way to break in Voss or Daniels. Considering the rest of our OOC games that year, USF will need a supposed 'gimmee' game

4. USF has some history with WKU, and most of it is not good. It will be a nice trip down memory lane for our "oldtime" fans. Maybe we can schedule Georgia Southern as well to finish up some old business

5. USF has been abundantly clear that it does not want to play UCF. So why is this new surprising? Beating UCF does nothing for USF...so much so that some voters last year forgot that the two teams even played, hence they were voting UCF over USF, despite the complete domination in Tampa. Heck....even your own coach supposedly "forgot". So again, what does have to gain from continuing to play this game?

6. CUSA vs SBC....is there really a big difference?  While most UCF fans will complain, the rest of the country is just going to look at the scheduel and say "non-BCS gimmee win", regardless of the opponent.

7. The BigEast is going to provide USF all the credibility it needs to get ranked if we play well. We don't need to over-schedule

8. I forgot what eight was for....

9. George O'Leary doesn't help the cause by calling out Jim Leavitt, with comments like "its no secret that their coach and I Don't get along". I honestly don't think Leavitt cares for GOL one way or another...

10. It's not like we scheduled this game for the year 2017/2018. USF was obviously having trouble find an opponent to finish it's immediate upcoming schedules, so it took the sure thing...b/c it surely wasn't going to get any better.

• Content Count:  883

There's nothing wrong with this move.  It's not a match up that anyone is clamoring for, but it will be nice to get 7 home games in 2010.  You can't play the big dogs every week.

• Content Count:  2,239

1. After last season, USF is finding it difficult to find mid-level home-and-home games against BCS programs. That's slowly changing.

2. Next year could be a special year for USF with Matt Grothe in his senior year. Thus if you make sure you don't overschedule, you set yourself up for a potential run at a BCS championship or at least get yourself into the conversation. After what happened last year, nobody can really scoff at this suggestion....and I 'm not just referring to USF. It might be a little wishful thinking, but I see where you're coming from.

3. In 2010, USF starts a new QB thus playing 7 home games is the best way to break in Voss or Daniels. Considering the rest of our OOC games that year, USF will need a supposed 'gimmee' game.  Start breaking in a new QB this and next year.  I'm sure you'll have that opportunity against your I-AA or FIU.

4. USF has some history with WKU, and most of it is not good. It will be a nice trip down memory lane for our "oldtime" fans. Maybe we can schedule Georgia Southern as well to finish up some old business.  As someone who never really took an interest in USF's history(went to 1 game in 1998 with my school band to perform halftime), I don't know your I-AA history other than no postseason(a few people have made sure to make that known).

5. USF has been abundantly clear that it does not want to play UCF. So why is this new surprising? Beating UCF does nothing for USF...so much so that some voters last year forgot that the two teams even played, hence they were voting UCF over USF, despite the complete domination in Tampa. Heck....even your own coach supposedly "forgot". So again, what does have to gain from continuing to play this game?  I wasn't really asking about why not UCF, but why WKU for a 1 and 1?  Even though I'd love to see UCF and USF continue playing, I don't need the game and life goes on.  To me, it's a fun game where I can tailgate and enjoy with fun people.

6. CUSA vs SBC....is there really a big difference?  While most UCF fans will complain, the rest of the country is just going to look at the scheduel and say "non-BCS gimmee win", regardless of the opponent.  Even in a down year, I'd take the best teams of CUSA over the best of SBC any day of the week.  There is a difference

7. The BigEast is going to provide USF all the credibility it needs to get ranked if we play well. We don't need to over-schedule.  I think the conference games will make a difference based on where they are on the schedule.  Timing is everything.

8. I forgot what eight was for....

9. George O'Leary doesn't help the cause by calling out Jim Leavitt, with comments like "its no secret that their coach and I Don't get along". I honestly don't think Leavitt cares for GOL one way or another...  I'm betting he doesn't like O'Leary.

10. It's not like we scheduled this game for the year 2017/2018. USF was obviously having trouble find an opponent to finish it's immediate upcoming schedules, so it took the sure thing...b/c it surely wasn't going to get any better.  Which ties to my original post.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Face it ucIFers, if you want to play USF in the future, you're going to have to get into the BE.  Period.

Archived