• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone explain Western Kentucky?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Still waiting for Knight_Light to prove to me that CJL handles our football schedules, and not Woolard.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Trip has had to step in before as well.  Sometimes, I'll let him handle it to show parity.

I've been out of touch for a few days but when I read back and find the ***** who called another poster an idiot, his ass is grass ....

::)

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Touche

• Content Count:  526

Trip has had to step in before as well.  Sometimes, I'll let him handle it to show parity.

I've been out of touch for a few days but when I read back and find the ***** who called another poster an idiot, his ass is grass ....

Its in this thread...http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=48639.0

Its in this thread...http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=48639.0

You missed the sarcasm there, sparky.

Still waiting for Knight_Light to prove to me that CJL handles our football schedules, and not Woolard.

Still waiting. Unless K_L was talking out his ass and is too much of a wuss to admit it, which history has shown is quite likely.

Still waiting. Unless K_L was talking out his ass and is too much of a wuss to admit it, which history has shown is quite likely.

My guess is that Leavitt has some input, and his opinions are duly noted, but Woolard makes the decision.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Leavitt runs the show on the schedules.  Woolard may be the one making the deals, but the final say goes to Leavitt:

From TBO Blog

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

"As I stated back in 2006, I understand Leavitt’s scheduling philosophy (and although USF provides a Woolard quote on its scheduling releases, make no mistake: Leavitt OKs the opponents) for the five nonconference games: 1 home and 1 away vs. BCS teams, 1 Division I-AA home game and 2 non-BCS teams."

Leavitt runs the show on the schedules.  Woolard may be the one making the deals, but the final say goes to Leavitt:

From TBO Blog

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

"As I stated back in 2006, I understand Leavitt’s scheduling philosophy (and although USF provides a Woolard quote on its scheduling releases, make no mistake: Leavitt OKs the opponents) for the five nonconference games: 1 home and 1 away vs. BCS teams, 1 Division I-AA home game and 2 non-BCS teams."

Wow.  KL was right all along.  That explains the series ending.

Then I stand corrected.

Although I don't think playing UCF is a lock to draw 60,000 people the way Brett might think. The sellout at last year's game had much, much more to do with USF's ranking (#5 at the time) than the opponent, like it would for most of the games on their schedule. Case in point, how many people showed up for the first USF-UCF game in 2005? It wasn't even the highest-attended in-state opponent of that season.

Archived