• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone explain Western Kentucky?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Really.

Ball State is one thing.  A team who was I-A for a long time, not particularly good, but is good for low level matchup.

Hell, even Buffalo would make a little sense.

But a BCS school signing a 1 and 1 with a school that will just become a full fledge I-A member in the Sun Belt next year(I believe) is really dipping low.  At least when Pitt gave USF their shot, they were going into Conference USA.  Hell, even UCF got 2 and 1s out of Sun Belt teams(most recently Louisiana Lafayette).

My question is this:  Is this a result of the Big East's tough scheduling issues having the 5th OOC game since time is somewhat short to fill the schedule(and removes bargaining power) or is it a respect issue?  If it is a scheduling issue, with Tranghese stepping down after this school year, do you think expansion(or the infamous split) will occur soon thereafter?  I know Tranghese was very much in favor of protecting the basketball schools.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It was done just to piss off UCF fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Really.

Ball State is one thing.  A team who was I-A for a long time, not particularly good, but is good for low level matchup.

But a BCS school signing a 1 and 1 with a school that will just become a full fledge I-A member in the Sun Belt next year(I believe) is really dipping low.  At least when Pitt gave USF their shot, they were going into Conference USA.  Hell, even UCF got 2 and 1s out of Sun Belt teams(most recently Louisiana Lafayette).

We think outside the box  ....... and if Buffalo would have made a little sense then this one should too. Per Sagarin, WKU is similar in quality to Buffalo and was better than 7 of your CUSA brethren.... Thankfully Woolard isn't worried about how something "looks" to other people and is just focused on filling out future ooc schedules the best he can ..... 5 games a year is a *****.

• Content Count:  2,239

Really.

We think outside the box  ....... and if Buffalo would have made a little sense then this one should too. Per Sagarin, WKU is similar in quality to Buffalo and was better than 7 of your CUSA brethren.... Thankfully Woolard isn't worried about how something "looks" to other people and is just focused on filling out future ooc schedules the best he can ..... 5 games a year is a *****.

While the strength of CUSA isn't the issue at hand, 5 OOC games is tough.  Your 2009 schedule is going to be razy cozy.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Reality of being a year out with an opening on the schedule.  I am sure DW pushed for a 2-1 but faced with the prospect of playing 2 1-AA teams like several ACC teams are this year, he took a low 1A to fill out the schedule.  Also, am sure they would like to start having 7 home games a year. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Really.

While the strength of CUSA isn't the issue at hand,

No, but the strength of WKU was, though and I was just showing how they compared to the teams you mentioned .....

• Content Count:  98

Did someone drop off the USF schedule that was contracted to play them in 2009?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

All I have to say is this won't help 2010 Season ticket sales.

I wonder how much longer we have to wait before this mentality is a thing of the past ...

Probably long after you stop selling BCS season tix for just $88.

But then again...that's only a guess.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Its true guys... I just hope that someday we can be just like UCF. They are just such a good team. Hell, they probably should have been in the national championship game, they have the best coach in collge, and they surely had the true Heisman... lol. Get a life, you guys suck and wont even be bowl eligible this year. Worry about yourself chief.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

All I have to say is this won't help 2010 Season ticket sales.

I wonder how much longer we have to wait before this mentality is a thing of the past ...

Probably long after you stop selling BCS season tix for just $88.

But then again...that's only a guess.

KL, why are you here and why do you even care.  I don't see and USF fans commenting or caring about UCF's schedule.  I have no idea who you guys are playing in the future and don't care.

Archived