• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Can U Feel It" -- USF Unveils 2008 FB Marketing Campaign

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure one of the future wallpapers will be a white guy standing next to a black guy standing next to a cuban guy standing next to a mexican guy standing next to a gay guy standing next to a asian guy.  And of that mix at least one of the guys will be fat, skinny, old, young, short, or tall.  And all surrounded with ridiculously hot USF girls.

P.S. Notice how on the billboards and commercials the Bulls hand sign is with palm out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

except this one, although i'm sure someone will insist that 10 year olds are a highly targeted demographic that "actually PAY for tickets":

So I guess all toy companies should stop using kids in their ads since they don't actually PAY for the toys ...

are we discussing college football tickets here, or toys?

just want to make sure what exactly it is that's being marketed here.

???

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

oh, and the only shot of fans in the commercial appear to be students... so you must not be observing much.

like i stated on a previous page, USF's highly touted, incredibly successful marketing department wasn't able to install a media player that works on my internet browser...

and unfortunately, they were so busy being succesful and basking in the shower of praise they've received from all the green-goggled BullsPenners, they neglected to upload it onto an independent site like YouTube where more than the 7 people that view GoUSFBulls.com can see it.

sorry.  i guess i'm just out of touch.

• Content Count:  12,293

bully, if you watch ESPN, FSN, Sun Sports, you will see the commerical about every other commerical break it seems.

thats how marketing is done.  putting it on youtube doesn't really "market" it  because people have to seek that information.

i dont think anyone is saying our marketing department is "incredibly successful"  there is still A LOT of work to be done.

the commerical is done extremely well.  these wall papers....egh....no big deal.  its more for the fans not getting new fans.  the commerical will really grab the casual fan by showing why USF football should be considered a crediable nationally recognized program

• Content Count:  3,078

maybe he hasn't been around long enough to see how abysmal the marketing used to be, but since I have seen some of the crap that has been done, or the lack thereof, this is a huge step forward.  I don't think anyone was saying they should receive a national award for this campaign or they have put together a textbook example of how to develop/implement a marketing plan....

but after seeing what has been done in the past, this is a huge step forward

you keep complaining about the video not working in your browser, and maybe it's your problem.  i am running firefox and it works fine and i pulled it up on IE and it worked fine.  if it works on those two, you really can't complain about the video not working on yours.  also, who cares if it is on youtube? what good does that do?  if USF relegates themselves to using youtube as a marketing channel, we have some big problems.   

• Content Count:  138

Finally saw the commercial during the Rays game last night.  Man, football season can not come soon enough.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Personally, I didn't scan the audience in the wallpaper to see if there were black, white, hispanic people.  Nor did I see men, vs women.  I mostly looked for green gold, and didn't like the Blue/yellow I saw....  Pretty much I focused on the picture being USF fans. 

In my section (137) we have old, young, families, couples, all male groups, black, white, hispanic, etc...

This was probably just a random fan picture taht represented USF. 

Some people are probably making too much out of it.

• Content Count:  172

Making too much out of it is an understatement. Some of the people on this board are nuts. But then again there are nuts everywhere, and we have to learn how to exist with them. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  743

Just saw the commercial for the first time on tv. I watched it on gousfbulls but its cool to see it on tv. Watching the Cubs game on espn.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

the people that keep bringing up the WVU fans in the background are really overreacting.

it's not the WVU fans in the picture per-se, but the fact that they include more WVU fans than practically anything else in the photo.

Also, white "middle aged men" is the target demographic for collegiate athletics.  I don't have numbers, but I would be SHOCKED if they are not far and away the biggest spenders when it comes to athletic events.  And, it's not like they have a bunch of 40 year olds, not that there is anything wrong with that, in the picture.  The group they have is probably in the 25-30 range and from the times I have seen them, they are having more fun/doing more things than 90% of the students 

once again, nobody is saying USF shouldn't market to the "middle aged white male" demographic.  the issue is marketing to MORE than just that demographic.  face it: Tampa is only 51% white.  half of that population is women.  that leaves roughly 25% of the population of Tampa being white males, and a significant portion are either younger or older than "middle aged." 

Wait, so now they're only marketing to people in Tampa. ****, I am offended, why cant the **** marketing department open up and market to people in other places. Afterall, there are a few people at USF from other places. They need to do one with people from out side of Tampa, with captions saying where they are from so people know that even if they aren't from Tampa, they can still buy tickets.  >:D

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Archived