• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE UA Jerseys are sweet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There are four different kinds in the picture ...

82 - Schutt DNA Pro

50 - Riddell Revolution

88 - Schutt Air Advantage

75 - ? (what everyone won a few years ago) ... notice raised "stripe" down middle and white "dot" which is where air pump inserted

whoa.  u guys are pretty **** good.

extra points for the football knowledge from APIS and CUSA.

Come on dude, you play EA football games, you can even choose through those different styles.

I didn't know you could do that.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I still like the helmets so no complaints there.  I like our gold.  I can see changing the logo and mask to green to make more sense but the black also looks good so...  All I wanted was no insane looking Oregon jerseys and they kept to our theme so I am happy with that.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I hate adding to a debate about freakin' helmets... but I think that's the new helmet Selvie is wearing. It's a subtle difference, but there's an extra bar towards the bottom of the facemask on the helmet he has on in the photo shoot, which isn't there on the helmet he wore last season.

Here's a picture MikeG took of Selvie at the UCiF game.

IMG_3682.JPG

• Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

does anyone know if the new home jerseys will have gold numbers like they did in the drawings they released a few months ago

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I hate adding to a debate about freakin' helmets... but I think that's the new helmet Selvie is wearing. It's a subtle difference, but there's an extra bar towards the bottom of the facemask on the helmet he has on in the photo shoot, which isn't there on the helmet he wore last season.

if i'm not mistaken, helmets and facemasks are seperate... u can add different facemasks to different helmets.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

if i'm not mistaken, helmets and facemasks are seperate... u can add different facemasks to different helmets.

You are not mistaken.  However, you can't necessarily put a Riddell facemask on a Schutt helmet and vice versa.

• Content Count:  3,827

I was a day or 2 behind, being out of town and all, and I also took another day or two to think about what I was going to say. I didn't want to make a knee-jerk reaction to the unveiling of something that I've been very excited about.

That being said, my initial reaction matches my current reaction which is: I FREAKING LOVE THEM.

I'll go detail by detail, because that's how I do.

grothefau2.jpgbuie06.jpg08jerseysfinala.png

- Numbers: They finally match the font of the wordmark(s), and I have to say, they look phenominal. Much like the paint scheme of a racecar, the number is the singlemost important part of a uniform. You start there, and work your way "out". They're perfect.

Also, the change to the tops of the shoulders is a good one. Back in the day, side-shoulder numbers were fine, but players like to roll their sleeves under their pads nowadays, so it kind of defeats the purpose. The top of the shoulders on our '06-'07 jerseys were kind of empty. Ok, really empty.

- Colors: Maybe it's the lighting, but I looked at a LOT of day game pictures, and going on memory of seeing them in person, but to me the green and the gold on the new road jersey look "cleaner", if that makes any sense. Am I the only one that thinks they just jump off the page?

- Neckline/Sleeves: The green trim really was a no-brainer, in my opinion. As you can see in the old jersey, there was nothing to separate the jersey from the undershirt/skin. Something simple like some green trim really adds to the "clean" look. Also, you'll notice the gold at the top of the chest/bottom of the neck. Subtle things like that "tie in" and "complete" the look.

- Gold "Spikes": The difference between a clothing contract with a company that gives a **** about you, and one that doesn't. Again, it's subtle things that make a jersey look sharp. Proof that you don't need unnecessary piping everywhere to make your jersey appeal to your players. The spikes do not overpower the rest of the jersey, they fit in nicely, and in a very subtle way, help make the player look bigger/faster/stronger.

- Brand/Conference logos: Again, a no brainer and again, the difference between a company that cares and one that does not. Nike just slapped on a red and white Big East logo and a BLACK(?!) Nike swoosh. A simple change to green again makes those logos "fit" into the look, filling the empty space, without overpowering it.

- Bulls chest logo: Something that even I didn't notice until I purchased an authentic jersey last year. The Bulls logo was outlined in white. I questioned Bulls Outfitter about it, and they told me that it was 100% authentic. Sure enough, the players also had the same thing on their jersey. Something like that is so small, and so miniscule, that it screams "lazy" to me. Under Armour fixed this tiny detail, proving that they are paying attention, and again..."give a **** about USF".

- Thigh logos: Last year's "U" on the hip was good, but it was just kind of "there", on an island almost. Also, the Nike swoosh was sitting right next to it....which makes no sense. So which one did they "slap on there"? The U or the swoosh? Under Armour fixed this by putting the logos on both thighs, as opposed to one hip. Not only does it add symmetry, but the you can see both of them from the front(Hello, television viewers), and they are also the correct matching color of gold.

So there you have it, Shoop's official breakdown of the new road uniforms. I applaud Under Armour for taking the time to show they care about our football team. Small details go a long way, and I for one, cant wait to spend lots of money on their product. :)

Before I end this, I have to throw my hat into the helmet debate. Again, BigBullyUSF proves that he just simply does not comprehend the argument at hand. No one is debating whether or not the mustard color of the helmets looks good or does not look good. The point is, and always has been, that it simply does not match our uniforms anymore. In the beginning, yes. But we have now changed uniforms 3....THREE....times since the mustard color should have went away.

It would be like the Buccaneers showing up next year with a silver helmet. Bucs fans would go NUTS saying how stupid it looks. And when asked about it, the Buccaneers could just say, "Well, Gruden likes silver better than pewter. Oh yeah, he's color blind too." Sounds pretty asinine, doesn't it?

• Content Count:  4,738

I liked the U at the hip

• Content Count:  3,827

I liked the U at the hip

Oh by the way, the addition of the USF now puts all 3 USF logos somewhere on the football uniform.

(and thanks, Astro)

Archived