• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So what happened with the UCF investigation into the Plancher death?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

As soon as they got involved it seems everything has gone super secret quiet. 

The powers that be at ucIF know that this is going to end up in court, so they're going to get pretty tight lipped about releasing any information.  Of course, if they had anything that would exclude them from any sense of culpability, they'd be holding press conferences with it. 

You know how some of the ucIFers have repeatedly said that "if there's smoke, there's fire" about USF programs?  I think the mere fact that we aren't going to hear anything is due to ucIF starting to find the fires.  Unfortunately, I think reality has begun to set in, and they've realized that some errors were made.

You are correct.  They will wait until after the lawsuit is filed to release any information.  Any information, even good information, can be used against you.  They are doing things the correct way.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I may be naive, but in the death of a young man, a law suit should be the least concern.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

O'Liar only cares about himself...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I may be naive, but in the death of a young man, a law suit should be the least concern.

Well...considering how it took over 8 months for the final autopsy results to come in for the USF's Football Player who died last year...don't look for any news to come out of this till the final autopsy is completed...again...maybe not for 8 plus months...just like in USF's case.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Well...considering how it took over 8 months for the final autopsy results to come in for the USF's Football Player who died last year...don't look for any news to come out of this till the final autopsy is completed...again...maybe not for 8 plus months...just like in USF's case.

Not an apples to apples comparison.  The questions surrounding Plancher's loss center more around what ucIF did and did not do, whereas that wasn't a focus at USF because of the differences in how USF handled the crisis, and appropriately managed the situation from the moment the player showed signs of a problem.

Of course, you know that, but you just don't want to think about it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks Mike, you saved me some typing.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Not to mention that USF actually TOLD THE TRUTH when they were asked, instead of 3 or 4 different stories.  USF had it right the first time, and was backed up later on by the evidence.  I promise you that UCF will not be vindicated, but too bad your beloved coach will remain and the NCAA will not make you pay for your violation(s).

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Ah, UCF, always needs to compare itself to USF, even trying to compare the turn around time of an autopsy. UCF always needs USF for validation.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

As soon as they got involved it seems everything has gone super secret quiet. 

The powers that be at ucIF know that this is going to end up in court, so they're going to get pretty tight lipped about releasing any information.  Of course, if they had anything that would exclude them from any sense of culpability, they'd be holding press conferences with it. 

You know how some of the ucIFers have repeatedly said that "if there's smoke, there's fire" about USF programs?  I think the mere fact that we aren't going to hear anything is due to ucIF starting to find the fires.  Unfortunately, I think reality has begun to set in, and they've realized that some errors were made.

You are correct.  They will wait until after the lawsuit is filed to release any information.  Any information, even good information, can be used against you.  They are doing things the correct way.

Doing things the "Correct Way?" Does the correct way include lying and threatening players? Does the correct way mean disrespecting a fallen player? Is this the same "correct way" UCiF has funded their athletics program?

Archived