• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Ticket Holder Parking is Changing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

Just received a letter that parking for season ticket holders is now going to be based on the number of tickets you have, plus your priority points, and that lots that use to be based on giving levels will be recategorized to first come first serve. 

So, you have to rank your lot preference in order when sending in your parking form and then someone decides where you will park.  I can tell some people are going to be quite irritated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I sent an e-mail last week requesting information about parking and was told that they had a plan that would work for everyone. I knew that parking was changing with that reply. I guess that is part of the growing pains. Hopefully our 4 tickets and priority points will be enough to at least get a parking pass.

• Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

Oh, you get a pass just pray it is not in lot8 next to the Yankees complex.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I should hope for a DECENT parking pass then. :) The last few years we were pretty far back (right accross the drive fromt the visiting lots) who knows maybe I will be able to move closer. One can dream.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think alot of people utilize the season parking pass so I would think you shouldn't be affected too much.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

as a season ticket holder last year, i just paid for parking when i got to the game like most people.

always had a good parking spot over in the lot behind the bucs ship (i have no idea what number, maybe lot 7?)

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

You can park a lot closer to the stadium on the north end because it is general parking.  General parking on the south end is by the yankee complex.  Everything from there and closer is reserved for the many classifications of reserved lots. 

• Content Count:  1,433

Wasn't parking like $60 last year?  It's now $90!

• Content Count:  1,158

Hey guys:

Just a couple explanations.  The cost of a season parking pass did not change this year.  It was $60 about 4-5 years ago but was the same price this year as last.

We've added a season ticket holder lot on the north side which is Lot 3.

The way the system will work is everyone will be ranked by their priority points which is a calculated using a combination of giving history, season ticket history, loyalty points (alumnus, former student athlete, etc.), and season ticket usage.  We will be mailing everyone their priority points in July and what rank that puts them among our active accounts.  Beginning with the highest ranked individual we will then assign parking.  Once we run out of passes for a certain lot, we will no longer put anyone else in that lot.

It will at least make things more consistent as far as where you can expect to park from game to game (with homecoming being the obvious exception).  We should be able to reasonably guarantee as well that you will have a spot in your assigned lot which hasn't always been the case.  The deadline will also prevent last minute changes happening when people buy tickets 2 weeks before the season as they will now get parking wherever it is left as opposed to based upon their giving level.

Hope these explanations are helpful and if you have specific questions I'll be more than happy to respond as quickly as I can.

Eric

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Luckily, I have a friend who lives on the corner of Braddock & Mantanzas.  She is da best!

I park there for free, walk five minutes to the stadium, AND I don't have to fight any traffic on the way out.  I just hop onto MacDill and I've got a traffic light to let me in the crowd!

Archived