• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Ticket Holder Parking is Changing

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

will I pull up in with a parking pass and the average joe pays $10 and parks right next to me(I'm thinking 3 or 4 lot) or is there separation?

There is some separation between all lots, I think. It appears that Lot 3 will now be all season parking passes so there won't be any game day parking in thst lot if it works like the other reserved lots.

I am not sure, but I would like to know also.  Most of the time there was separation, but during the big games, we always seemed to find ourselves next to visiting fans.  And this was in the DONOR lots.  Hopefully, this system will work for everybody...

You will still find visiting fans in the donor lots for the same reason you find visiting fans in the seats of season ticket holders. The season tix holders will sell or give the parking passes away with their tickets.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

New guy here..

Question.

Parking is $10.      I would like Lot 3 though.

But the pass is $90.  $30 more than gameday?

What am I missing here.  This doesn't seem any good.

Reserved spot?  What is the deal here?

1) The $10 parking is usually farther away than the $15 parking ($90 pass / 6 games = $15 per game).

2) The $10 parking does not guarantee a space in the same lot every game.  The $15 per game does.

3) The $10 parking goes to the Buccaneers and TSA.  The $15 parking goes to USF (the first 3,000 passes sold).

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Jim.  Another question, maybe someone on here can answer.  Out of our 20,000+ (estimate) season tickets sold, how many actual season ticketholders are there?  A few years ago, I recall someone saying that we only had roughly 4000 season ticketholders.  I'm sure that number has changed, but to what extent?  So, if we (USF) get the first 3000 the rest go to the Glazers.  Also, what has the number been in the past?  How many of our season ticketholders have actually purchased these season parking passes?  Very curious about this.

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

will I pull up in with a parking pass and the average joe pays $10 and parks right next to me(I'm thinking 3 or 4 lot) or is there separation?

There is some separation between all lots, I think. It appears that Lot 3 will now be all season parking passes so there won't be any game day parking in thst lot if it works like the other reserved lots.

I am not sure, but I would like to know also.  Most of the time there was separation, but during the big games, we always seemed to find ourselves next to visiting fans.  And this was in the DONOR lots.  Hopefully, this system will work for everybody...

You will still find visiting fans in the donor lots for the same reason you find visiting fans in the seats of season ticket holders. The season tix holders will sell or give the parking passes away with their tickets.

Yeah I guess so, but the game I was thinking about was the WVU game.  There were 4 cars of WV fans parked right next to me.  I didn't notice a parking pass in the windshield, but I guess that could have happened.

Just found it surprising at the WVU game.

• Content Count:  883

I understand everything that's been discussed, but darn this is confusing.  I don't really understand what the big deal is especially since it costs more to buy the pass.  Correct me if I'm wrong here, but usually don't you get a discount when you pay for something up front or in bulk?  I realize it helps the school, but I feel like we already give the school enough money.  We always park on the north side of the stadium anyways in what I guess is being called the student lot so these changes don't affect us I think.  Bottom line is all I care about is how much money is coming out of my wallet.  The less the better.   

2) The $10 parking does not guarantee a space in the same lot every game.  The $15 per game does.

You get an assigned spot? 

if thats true the only downside is getting a spot with my tailgating buddy

Sorry, Mike... I said "same LOT" not "same SPOT" for every game.... didn't mean to confuse you.

New guy here..

Question.

Parking is $10.      I would like Lot 3 though.

But the pass is $90.  $30 more than gameday?

What am I missing here.  This doesn't seem any good.

Reserved spot?  What is the deal here?

1) The $10 parking is usually farther away than the $15 parking ($90 pass / 6 games = $15 per game).

3) The $10 parking goes to the Buccaneers and TSA.  The $15 parking goes to USF (the first 3,000 passes sold).

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Jim.  Another question, maybe someone on here can answer.  Out of our 20,000+ (estimate) season tickets sold, how many actual season ticketholders are there?  A few years ago, I recall someone saying that we only had roughly 4000 season ticketholders.  I'm sure that number has changed, but to what extent?  So, if we (USF) get the first 3000 the rest go to the Glazers.  Also, what has the number been in the past?  How many of our season ticketholders have actually purchased these season parking passes?  Very curious about this.

1) I don't have official numbers, but a few years ago the average number of tickets per holder was around 5... my guess is that has dropped to around 4 now (lots of people buying 2-4)... so if we have 21k-22k (and this is just a pull-it-out-of-my-butt guess) there would be around 4500 to 5000 season ticket (account) holders.

2) The Glazers get the first $2 million in profit from "concession and parking" ... USF gets 3,000 spaces as part of it's lease -- which could, technically, be given away.  Instead, USF uses the $45,000 per game or $270,000 per season to add to the athletic budget. 

I think this is how it goes... could be wrong, but it makes logical sense:

I believe the TSA gets a "management fee" out of the $10 parking passes (i.e. not the 3,000) to cover the costs of parking attendants.  So that would be part of the "cost" of parking -- the rest would be "profit" that goes to the Glazers until $2 million.  Everything over $2 million is split between the Glazers and USF.

I understand everything that's been discussed, but darn this is confusing.  I don't really understand what the big deal is especially since it costs more to buy the pass.  Correct me if I'm wrong here, but usually don't you get a discount when you pay for something up front or in bulk?  I realize it helps the school, but I feel like we already give the school enough money.  We always park on the north side of the stadium anyways in what I guess is being called the student lot so these changes don't affect us I think.  Bottom line is all I care about is how much money is coming out of my wallet.  The less the better.   

Well, consider the parking passes are the better spaces -- closer to the stadium -- and you are guaranteed a specific lot -- virtually no matter what time you get to the stadium.

Those are "premiums" that make the parking passes worth a heck of a lot more.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Well, consider the parking passes are the better spaces -- closer to the stadium -- and you are guaranteed a specific lot -- virtually no matter what time you get to the stadium.

Yep.

• Content Count:  883

I'm always able to park in the same general area (close to the stadium) without any problem.  Of course we usually get there early and tailgate.  Maybe the passes would be more of a premium for us if we showed up later.  Also, the people I tailgate with meet at my house and we all drive in together so that's not a problem either.  I'll stick with the cheaper option. 

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm always able to park in the same general area (close to the stadium) without any problem.  Of course we usually get there early and tailgate.  Maybe the passes would be more of a premium for us if we showed up later.  Also, the people I tailgate with meet at my house and we all drive in together so that's not a problem either.  I'll stick with the cheaper option. 

There are a couple of things to consider here:

1.  The parking passes ($$$) go directly to USF, at least for the first 3000.  So its a good way to say F-U Glazer family.

2.  Plus it sounds as if you will be able to show up at any time and get in your assigned lot instead of being banished to backside of the Yankees complex.  That is piece of mind, and you can't really put a dollar figure on that now, can we?

3.  But it sounds like you park in the North Lot anyways, so it probably won't affect you at all.  I see this being a South Lot issue. 

Archived