• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Ticket Holder Parking is Changing

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Hey guys:

Just a couple explanations.  The cost of a season parking pass did not change this year.  It was $60 about 4-5 years ago but was the same price this year as last.

We've added a season ticket holder lot on the north side which is Lot 3.

The way the system will work is everyone will be ranked by their priority points which is a calculated using a combination of giving history, season ticket history, loyalty points (alumnus, former student athlete, etc.), and season ticket usage.  We will be mailing everyone their priority points in July and what rank that puts them among our active accounts.  Beginning with the highest ranked individual we will then assign parking.  Once we run out of passes for a certain lot, we will no longer put anyone else in that lot.

It will at least make things more consistent as far as where you can expect to park from game to game (with homecoming being the obvious exception).  We should be able to reasonably guarantee as well that you will have a spot in your assigned lot which hasn't always been the case.  The deadline will also prevent last minute changes happening when people buy tickets 2 weeks before the season as they will now get parking wherever it is left as opposed to based upon their giving level.

Hope these explanations are helpful and if you have specific questions I'll be more than happy to respond as quickly as I can.

Eric

Eric, I may be mistaken but doesn't the money for season parking passes go directly to USF and the day of game parking go the TSA?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

We receive the revenue from the first 3,000 or so parking passes per the contract.  Last year we sold around 2,800 or so.  We fully expect to sell more than 3,000 season passes this year.  So by buying season passes, you are helping USF Athletics.  I think that was the point you were trying to make.  ;D

Eric

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Seems like most people would care more about being in the same lot as their friends then what actual lot they end up in.  I guess you just have to wait until the lowest priority guy in your group can buy a pass, then all go buy a pass in whatever lot is available.

Alright - so more importantly - when do we get information on how many season tickets sold?

• Content Count:  4,738

New guy here..

Question.

Parking is $10.      I would like Lot 3 though.

But the pass is $90.  $30 more than gameday?

What am I missing here.  This doesn't seem any good.

Reserved spot?  What is the deal here?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

IMO it is well worth buying a parking pass. I like to know where I am going to be parking for every game. Plus as Eric said USF gets the money.

New guy here..

Question.

Parking is $10.      I would like Lot 3 though.

But the pass is $90.  $30 more than gameday?

What am I missing here.  This doesn't seem any good.

Reserved spot?  What is the deal here?

1) The $10 parking is usually farther away than the $15 parking ($90 pass / 6 games = $15 per game).

2) The $10 parking does not guarantee a space in the same lot every game.  The $15 per game does.

3) The $10 parking goes to the Buccaneers and TSA.  The $15 parking goes to USF (the first 3,000 passes sold).

I hope this makes sense.

• Content Count:  4,738

2) The $10 parking does not guarantee a space in the same lot every game.  The $15 per game does.

You get an assigned spot? 

if thats true the only downside is getting a spot with my tailgating buddy

• Content Count:  12,293

assigned parking would be nice.

• Content Count:  1,158

You don't get an assigned space.  I can see where you might have gotten that perception.  As has been the case in the past, if you want to park right next to your friends you are going to need to drive in together.  It will be a little more important that you do that in the new system.  

Eric

• Content Count:  12,293

You don't get an assigned space.  I can see where you might have gotten that perception.  As has been the case in the past, if you want to park right next to your friends you are going to need to drive in together.  It will be a little more important that you do that in the new system.  

Eric

boooooooooooo   

Archived