• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Ticket Holder Parking is Changing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

will I pull up in with a parking pass and the average joe pays $10 and parks right next to me(I'm thinking 3 or 4 lot) or is there separation?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Eric,

Is the parking lot assignment subject to change each year based on donor points?  If I get my requested lot this year do I automatically get it each year thereafter? (Assuming I maintain my donor level)

Thanks

• Content Count:  1,037

I have no problem with it except that there is about 6-8 cars that tailgate together and I dont see how this is possible?? breaking tradition already. that just started

• Content Count:  4,738

I have no problem with it except that there is about 6-8 cars that tailgate together and I dont see how this is possible?? breaking tradition already. that just started

ditto

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

You don't get an assigned space.  I can see where you might have gotten that perception.  As has been the case in the past, if you want to park right next to your friends you are going to need to drive in together.  It will be a little more important that you do that in the new system.  

Eric

boooooooooooo   

Folks, think of the logistics for this.  There are roughly 10 separate lots, with probably 25 - 50 rows of cars, and 50 - 100 cars per row.  You cannot imagine that anyone would want to be responsible for reserving individual spots for people on a grass / unmarked lot.  More challenging, consider trying to ensure that you move trafic in smoothly at game time (envision 50,000 plus people for every game) and trying to match individual cars up with other individual cars.  It just isn't feasible unfortunately. 

At least USF is trying to reward the long term fans, and those who have the closest associations with USF (ie past student athletes, alumnus, multi year donors, etc) to recognize their contributions for building this program. 

Eric and team, thanks for taking the time to address the parking issue, and trying to make it fair and equitable. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

will I pull up in with a parking pass and the average joe pays $10 and parks right next to me(I'm thinking 3 or 4 lot) or is there separation?

There is some separation between all lots, I think. It appears that Lot 3 will now be all season parking passes so there won't be any game day parking in thst lot if it works like the other reserved lots.

• Content Count:  253

From looking at the parking map they sent me, the only non-reserved is around the yankee complex and a few north of the stadium.  I don't think that little amount will accommodate  all the non-parking pass people.  I saw where USF gets funds from parking passes up to 3000.  Do the Bucs get the rest when it goes over that amount?  I think all the reserved lots will hold more than 3000 cars.  I do not tailgate, so there is no need for me to spend extra cash on a parking pass.

• Content Count:  2,277

Or you could just park in the "mall" lot and park where you want.  You can make enough room to have your friends park with you.  You can throw a football without getting yelled at.  You don't get yelled at for taking up more than "your allotted space."  Definitely worth the extra 2 minutes walk IMO.

• Content Count:  645

There is some separation between all lots, I think. It appears that Lot 3 will now be all season parking passes so there won't be any game day parking in thst lot if it works like the other reserved lots.

I am not sure, but I would like to know also.  Most of the time there was separation, but during the big games, we always seemed to find ourselves next to visiting fans.  And this was in the DONOR lots.  Hopefully, this system will work for everybody...

• Content Count:  4,501

Hey guys:

Just a couple explanations.  The cost of a season parking pass did not change this year.  It was $60 about 4-5 years ago but was the same price this year as last.

We've added a season ticket holder lot on the north side which is Lot 3.

The way the system will work is everyone will be ranked by their priority points which is a calculated using a combination of giving history, season ticket history, loyalty points (alumnus, former student athlete, etc.), and season ticket usage.  We will be mailing everyone their priority points in July and what rank that puts them among our active accounts.  Beginning with the highest ranked individual we will then assign parking.  Once we run out of passes for a certain lot, we will no longer put anyone else in that lot.

It will at least make things more consistent as far as where you can expect to park from game to game (with homecoming being the obvious exception).  We should be able to reasonably guarantee as well that you will have a spot in your assigned lot which hasn't always been the case.  The deadline will also prevent last minute changes happening when people buy tickets 2 weeks before the season as they will now get parking wherever it is left as opposed to based upon their giving level.

Hope these explanations are helpful and if you have specific questions I'll be more than happy to respond as quickly as I can.

Eric

Got to know - Will you tell us how you actually figure the priority points or is that one of those deals like " The sq. root of the second Tues of the third week of the first month with a full moon" calculations ?  If we don't know the formula how do we know our points are right ?

Archived