• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deltona 11-year-old arrested in class rampage

pioneerb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article481338.ece

SPRING HILL  An 11-year-old boy was arrested Tuesday at Deltona Elementary School for knocking over chairs and destroying several items during a classroom rampage.

The boy, who is not being identified because of his age, faces a felony charge of obstructing a firefighter and misdemeanor counts of assault and battery of school personnel and disrupting a school. He was booked into the Hernando County Jail on Tuesday morning and later released to his mother.

According to the arrest report, the boy refused to sit down after his teacher told him to complete some classwork, then picked up a chair and threw it at a window. As other students rushed out of the classroom, the boy allegedly knocked over more desks and threw one at the teacher.

The teacher left the room but stood outside the door until an administrator arrived, the report said. During that time, the boy allegedly ripped up other students' work; pulled the pin on a fire extinguisher, making it discharge; banged chairs into the door several times and called the teacher a vulgar name; and tried to destroy the teacher's computer and keyboard.

The teacher and school administrator told Hernando deputies it wasn't the first time the boy had destroyed a classroom but it was the first time the Sheriff's Office was called to intervene. The boy's mother later told deputies the boy has had behavior problems over the past year.

Read the comments.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

He just needs a hug, told he's wonderful and a government program to take over his life.  He'll be fine.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

404 error

• Content Count:  585

404 error

Works fine for me.

• Content Count:  6,502

He just needs a hug, told he's wonderful and a government program to take over his life.  He'll be fine.

Bull**** what the kid needs is a good ass busting.  He does it again bust his ass again until he learns.

Spare the rod...spoil the child.

• Content Count:  2,118

that kid needs to have his ass beat. teachers should still be able to beat ass in school.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I remember a couple of years ago I had a kid in my 5th grade class who got introuble.  then he started throwing books everywhere and threw a desk after we had to evacuate the class.  then the SRO came from the middle school.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Teachers should make a lot more money. I couldn't do it, I would be fired after day 3 for causing bodily harm to an out of line kid.

My sister got punched in the face a few years ago trying to break up a fight. I don't blame the teacher for leaving the room, sister hasn't tried to stop any fights since.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,342
  • Days Won:  10

This is why teachers should be trained and empowered to carry tazers.  I have lived in Spring Hill since 1984 and have watched it go downhill in the last ten years.  It is a shame because it was a great rural type community.  Now when I go out, for some reason, I think of Charles Bronson and the Death Wish movies...

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

This is why teachers should be trained and empowered to carry tazers.  I have lived in Spring Hill since 1984 and have watched it go downhill in the last ten years.  It is a shame because it was a great rural type community.  Now when I go out, for some reason, I think of Charles Bronson and the Death Wish movies...

tasers??!?!?!  Thats too far

Archived