• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA approves St Pete Bowl!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

****, this is bad for USF, it's gonna be a target team for this lowly bowl because they'll sell it out. I was really was hoping this wouldn't pass.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

sec cant sell out the outback

The outback has sold out for a number of consecutive years.

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

****, this is bad for USF, it's gonna be a target team for this lowly bowl because they'll sell it out. I was really was hoping this wouldn't pass.

They won't want us, they'll want two teams to travel to St. Pete. Tourist dollars.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

I'm not totally convinced that USF sells the game out .... maybe if the opposing team travels really really well. If we're out of the top 3 in the BE and playing some lowly CUSA team, you will only get, mostly, the local diehards to the game.

• Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  0

I really hope this is some kind of belated April Fools joke.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ewerbeck, this is the bowl replcing the papjohns.com bowl. It's more than likely a preChristmas bowl game.

USF will sell more tix to this than any BCS team while allowing them to have another team visit.

See: New Mexico Bowl, the Texas Bowl, Vegas Bowl...if they can they all do and will go local.

ewerbeck, this is the bowl replcing the papjohns.com bowl. It's more than likely a preChristmas bowl game.

USF will sell more tix to this than any BCS team while allowing them to have another team visit.

See: New Mexico Bowl, the Texas Bowl, Vegas Bowl...if they can they all do and will go local.

It's not "replacing" the PJC bowl, it's in addition to.  The Big East will have seven bowls this year.

I'm not totally convinced that USF sells the game out .... maybe if the opposing team travels really really well. If we're out of the top 3 in the BE and playing some lowly CUSA team, you will only get, mostly, the local diehards to the game.

USF will sell the game out... the Trop will hold about 45,000... give the C-USA team 10,000 or so... give corporate sponsors another few thousand... and you're talking 30,000 tickets... USF will officially get the same 10,000... but locals will buy the seats for any two teams... more so for USF.

At the very least, two things will happen: 1) USF will have more fans at this bowl than any previous.... 2) This bowl will sell more tickets than B'ham and Toronto.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just get it done on the field.  If we are ranked in the top 15/20 or if we can gain the type of notoriety that we received last year I have a hard time believing we will fall to the # 5 or #6 choice of the BE.

From a travel standpoint this is the best choice for a bowl anyway.  Everyone always seems to ***** and complain that Charlotte is too far, or been ther done that, Birmingham was too far and the bowl experience sucked...people won't have a chance to complain about the travel distance for this one.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Brett indicated the bowl could select as high as #4 in the Big East...

That would give an order of:

1 - BCS

2 - Gator/Sun

3 - Meineke Car Care Bowl

4,5,6,7 - St Pete Bowl

4,5,6,7 - Texas Bowl

4,5,6,7 - PapaJohn's.com

4,5,6,7 - International

IF that is the case, USF really could be in St Pete if the Bulls don't win the Big East.  Ugh.

If st pete gets the number 4 position, I am sure Texas, PJB, and Int'l will be pissed.  Newcomer taking their spot and all.  That being said, no need for any team to go to Canada for a bowl game, that is just crazy.

Archived