• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA approves St Pete Bowl!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

Just get it done on the field.  If we are ranked in the top 15/20 or if we can gain the type of notoriety that we received last year I have a hard time believing we will fall to the # 5 or #6 choice of the BE.

From a travel standpoint this is the best choice for a bowl anyway.  Everyone always seems to ***** and complain that Charlotte is too far, or been ther done that, Birmingham was too far and the bowl experience sucked...people won't have a chance to complain about the travel distance for this one.

People just need to stop ******** about traveling. Everyone should know by now that December/January, your bulls are going to a bowl game. Pack up and follow.  ~U~

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jim I'm talking from a play aspect. Getting the matchup and date of what may have been the Birmingham Bowl.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

i'll take it over texas int'l and papa johns

I'd much rather have Papa John's now because of it's bowl tie in.  Birmingham did increase the activities in their second year, and will assumably continue to tweek how the bowl runs.  With the SEC opponent it will definately come far closer to selling out.  As even Miss State would bring atleast 25,000.  This could become one of our better bowl destinations after the BCS and sun/Gator bowls.

It will be on par with the MCCB.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Texas Bowl is going all CUSA now so the BE will not be sending someone there.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Well this pretty much assures that our bowl game will be south of us this year. Orange or St. Pete.

• Content Count:  2,363

Brett indicated the bowl could select as high as #4 in the Big East...

That would give an order of:

1 - BCS

2 - Gator/Sun

3 - Meineke Car Care Bowl

4,5,6,7 - St Pete Bowl

4,5,6,7 - Texas Bowl

4,5,6,7 - PapaJohn's.com

4,5,6,7 - International

IF that is the case, USF really could be in St Pete if the Bulls don't win the Big East.  Ugh.

If st pete gets the number 4 position, I am sure Texas, PJB, and Int'l will be pissed.  Newcomer taking their spot and all.  That being said, no need for any team to go to Canada for a bowl game, that is just crazy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the meaning of those 3 bowls sharing spots 4-6 (now that Texas is out of the mix) is that essentially they will all collude on the final three bowl-eligible spots and make a case for what's best for each. In most cases, what would be best for the St. Pete Bowl would be us, but if, say PJ.com makes a case for us as well, then those two would have to battle it out, with PJ.com possibly winning because they are currently the more established, more prestigious (BCS vs. BCS) bowl.

• Content Count:  1,985

Of course this means UCF may not be out of our lives forever.  If we have a bad year, end up in St.Pete so could they.  From a Bowl standpoint it would be a sellout.  Would get good media play too.  But, **** there they are again.  Only good thing there is we can be assured to offer up an ass whipping in a bowl.

• Content Count:  2,363

Of course this means UCF may not be out of our lives forever.  If we have a bad year, end up in St.Pete so could they.  From a Bowl standpoint it would be a sellout.  Would get good media play too.  But, **** there they are again.  Only good thing there is we can be assured to offer up an ass whipping in a bowl.

I would imagine that this bowl wouldn't take us AND UCF... perhaps one or the other. Having one team that can drive in is one thing, but us vs. UCF basically ensures there will be no hotel revenue, little additional impact to the economy, etc. If anything, this may have lessened our chances of meeting them in a bowl situation, because while Birmingham may have been willing to take two FL teams since they'd be traveling in, I don't think St. Pete would.

I would imagine that this bowl wouldn't take us AND UCF... perhaps one or the other. Having one team that can drive in is one thing, but us vs. UCF basically ensures there will be no hotel revenue, little additional impact to the economy, etc. If anything, this may have lessened our chances of meeting them in a bowl situation, because while Birmingham may have been willing to take to FL teams since they'd be traveling in, I don't think St. Pete would.

Correct... USF will not play UCF in this bowl game.  The chances in Birmingham were really slim anyway... with this in Florida, we have a better chance of winning the lottery -- IMHO.

• Content Count:  4,642

let's just hope it's a decent opponent if we have to go to this bowl game.

Archived