• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Live- Selvie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

They mentioned about green teams did well last season and showed about 6 teams not included USF.

I was at Plancheros and caught the end of that segment - saw Oregon, Michigan State and a few others.  I just assumed we had to be one of the first ones mentioned.

They were mentioning more of how those teams ended up losing after a lot of success.

Shouldn't we still have been there?

Yes, but who wants to remember the bowl game?

• Content Count:  4,642

They mentioned about green teams did well last season and showed about 6 teams not included USF.

I was at Plancheros and caught the end of that segment - saw Oregon, Michigan State and a few others.  I just assumed we had to be one of the first ones mentioned.

They were mentioning more of how those teams ended up losing after a lot of success.

Not me!

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

With one hand they give, the other they take away....

3. Cornering the small-college market: Proving that scouts will find top players no matter where they are, the cornerback position is especially fascinating because the top three are from small colleges: Leodis McKelvin is from Troy, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie is from Tennessee State and Mike Jenkins is from South Florida. The small-college connections might make teams in the top 10 gun-shy, but clearly, McKelvin, Rogers-Cromartie and Jenkins will go in the first round. After the top 10, the cost of the picks isn't as risky.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3361236

So we are on a par with Tenn State and Troy??

• Content Count:  5,241

ignore the overhyped draft articles, they are worthless

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

Bowl game? What bowl game?

• Content Count:  12,293

in terms of sending guys to the NFL....yea pretty much.

but that will change.  soon we will have 4-5 guys drafted every year.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Not me!

What bowl game?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

With one hand they give, the other they take away....

3. Cornering the small-college market: Proving that scouts will find top players no matter where they are, the cornerback position is especially fascinating because the top three are from small colleges: Leodis McKelvin is from Troy, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie is from Tennessee State and Mike Jenkins is from South Florida. The small-college connections might make teams in the top 10 gun-shy, but clearly, McKelvin, Rogers-Cromartie and Jenkins will go in the first round. After the top 10, the cost of the picks isn't as risky.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3361236

Perceptionally we are still a small school.  I liked the article in the EL Paso news paper las year explaining about USF being a small school (Top 10 in the country with Student Enrollment) from a small Town (Tampa = 3-5 times bigger than El Paso in population).

In the realm of college football we are still considered a small school, but it's because we're new. Give it 2-3 years and things will have changed.  We're still the the process.

Archived