• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pregame Traditions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Magie hit it right on the head...

The ******* war flamingo is the most idiotic piece of trailer park trash I have ever seen and I am ashamed to be a USF (diehard) fan when these stupid ******** pull them out and start their drunken cry. Its lame! Its stolen from another university to mock them after all tey did was show more class than any school we've ever played and treated us with the utmost respect.

This stupid idea was started by one individual, who shall remain nameless, but I will say is a ******* moron. Any one who follows this is out of their mind. A majority of the students (atleast those who are involved and go to every game) think this is ridiculous. The tradition should be to pop every ******* flamingo you see before ESPN catches it on camera. 

The running of the bulls was a great idea. I ran last year, and the rush is amazing. If we could just get the crowd more involved in it, it would catch on. However, like someone said, this require them to get their ass in the seats.

Geez, I didn't want to call him a ******* moron, but unfortunately that's true...

You know, one day I saw him tailgating and I really wanted to grab that crap he's always smoking and use it to pop that stupid flamingo he had with him....then he told me he keeps a stash of them in case something happens to one...ugh!!

Now that I've graduated  :-[,  they should do a Running of the Bulls for alumni....during the homecoming game.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Holy crap.

I regret mentioning the flamingos.

As Andy mentioned, the joke was created during SBC's trip to Auburn. The creator's (who, won't be mentioned) did not intend for it to stick, but it became more of a joke and carried on in to the UNC and WVU games. Part of me hates the flamingo, part of me loves it. Nonetheless, I DOUBT it will grow in to something the whole student body will catch on to. There were maybe four or five flamingos the rest of the season.

Running of the Bulls is a new tradition started this past season by Student Bulls Club. I was lucky enough to participate in the running during the Elon game. While some may believe it's 'stupid', it's actualy a really good idea. I've had many people ask me how they can take part in the running.

USF is trying different strategies to create more of a college gameday experience. I would rather have Athletics trying new things than not at all. If any of you have ideas, I encourage you to foward those ideas to Athletics.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

USF is trying different strategies to create more of a college game day experience. I would rather have Athletics trying new things than not at all. If any of you have ideas, I encourage you to forward those ideas to Athletics.

That's the whole thing with 'traditions'. They take time to develop, to be embraced, but people don't want to hear that.

They don't want to give it time. There seems to be some sense of urgency and some desire to hammer it in. It'll take a while

to find something that sticks from season to season, so all of this stuff now is an experiment. Just try it...if it gets accepted, keep it, if not, go to plan-B. 

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I personally am not a fan of the Soulja Boy and Party Like a Rockstar songs. They do not get me pumped up at all. I would prefer some AC/DC or something along those lines instead of a repetitive old rap song.

• Content Count:  5,903

I think the flamingos are great. All I remember during the WV game was watching the green student section go crazy from a touchdown and see like 4 pink flamingos in the stands. It made me laugh out loud every time! haha I'm laughing now from it.

Also, I don't think it is a rip off per se of Auburn. I think the Flamingos combine two great things: The day USF really started getting put on the map (beating auburn/war eagle) and something VERY Floridian (Flamingos).

Just think of it as every time we hold them up we can be reminded of our great victory over Auburn... remember that SEC speed they had? haha

• Content Count:  5,903

As for PRE game traditions, watching HOT play is fun, but, I am never near that side of the stadium.

I think after the national anthem, we should get everybody to sing the alma mater or fight song. Probably will take the season, but I think by the end of the year we'll actually KNOW the lyrics. I know we do this at the end of the game, but, I think pre game will expose more people to it.

They do play the alma mater before the game...

The problem with singing the fight song is that not everyone knows the words:

USF Bulls are we,

We hold our standard upright and free.

For Green and Gold we stand united.

Our beacon lighted and noble to see.

USF Bulls are we,

For USF we'll always be.

With all our might we fight the battle

Here and now, and we will win the

Victory...

(shout) S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A

South Florida, South Florida

Go Bulls Go!

• Content Count:  136

Not sure about this....but here it goes......ready:

Could we start by following the team bus to Ray Jay......Start a Green/Gold walk from the buses to the stadium???

When St. Pete Times stadium/ Jim Leavitt field opens we can have the green and gold walk!!! Are you still with me?

5 minutes before kick off the bull enters the St. Pete Times Stadium/ Jim Leavitt field.

Please no war flamiingos!

But for now lets follow the team to the field!!!

• Content Count:  2,726

It just dawned on me...

VT comes out to Enter Sandman...

Get Rage Against the Machine "Bulls on Parade" going for a few minutes to get the crowd really fired up. Maybe even tie that into the existing Running of the Bull. At least that will get you pumped up.

We have covered that Bulls on Parade is not family-friendly... might work if we could find an instrumental version, tho.

YEA...HOT BAND PLAYS ONE EVERY 4RD DOWN, or DEFENSIVE STOP!!!! WHY DON'T YOU GET INTO THAT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

It just dawned on me...

VT comes out to Enter Sandman...

Get Rage Against the Machine "Bulls on Parade" going for a few minutes to get the crowd really fired up. Maybe even tie that into the existing Running of the Bull. At least that will get you pumped up.

We have covered that Bulls on Parade is not family-friendly... might work if we could find an instrumental version, tho.

YEA...HOT BAND PLAYS ONE EVERY 4RD DOWN, or DEFENSIVE STOP!!!! WHY DON'T YOU GET INTO THAT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Cool. Good to know. I can't hear the band in my seats in Section 125 -- so I don't know any of their "down" songs.

And is "4RD" down some kind of down where Mike Ford runs ? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Archived