• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pregame Traditions

It just dawned on me...

VT comes out to Enter Sandman...

Get Rage Against the Machine "Bulls on Parade" going for a few minutes to get the crowd really fired up. Maybe even tie that into the existing Running of the Bull. At least that will get you pumped up.

We have covered that Bulls on Parade is not family-friendly... might work if we could find an instrumental version, tho.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

However, I have never met a better fan base than the folks at Auburn.

Absolutely true. Total class, all the way, and I hope our fanbase can one day be as classy and accomodating as theirs.

Save for the one 8 year old who hit me in the family jewels, but that's another story.

Wear an Alabama shirt up there the next time you make it to Auburn.  Auburn fans are no better or worse than any other team's fans . . . . including USF.

While our team was better than theirs last year, our alma mater is too far off their fan's radar to see them show their asses out of hatred.  Wish we could beat them a few more times and see if we continue to get the "red carpet" treatment.

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

It just dawned on me...

VT comes out to Enter Sandman...

Get Rage Against the Machine "Bulls on Parade" going for a few minutes to get the crowd really fired up. Maybe even tie that into the existing Running of the Bull. At least that will get you pumped up.

We have covered that Bulls on Parade is not family-friendly... might work if we could find an instrumental version, tho.

I see. Don't you think Souljah Boy is non family-friendly?

They play the "clean" version... does Rage have one for BonP ?

I mean... "rally around the family with pockets full of shells"... not sure about that.

The music IS pumping... but the lyrics leave something to be desired.

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe just a loop of the beginning and the "COME WIT IT NOW!" and the intro before the main lyrics. Just repeat it a few times.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I like the Flamingoes.  Who gives a crap if it was somewhat a rip-off of Auburn.  And to those who think it's immature, childish, etc...........I like to go to games sit in the parking lot all day drinking beer, throwing a football around and playing flip cup/beer pong/cornhole, etc.  I mean that is so mature, isn't it? 

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm kind of shocked that they do play Souljah Boy.  I'm not a big fan of it to begin with, but isn't there some questionable lyrics in there?  Hopefully by next year it won't be back.

I'm kind of shocked that they do play Souljah Boy.  I'm not a big fan of it to begin with, but isn't there some questionable lyrics in there?  Hopefully by next year it won't be back.

Soujah Boy has a clean version used for radio... as opposed to the regular one.

Now, I like Party Like a Rock Star as our kick-off song.  The UCF fans who sat behind us at the last game starting saying "God I hate that song.".. LOVED IT.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

"Painting Up" is the gayest thing ever. USF gets mocked because of that. I dont see any big time schools, and by that I mean SEC schools, doing that.

'

Sir you are very wrong. I have seen many traditional schools like Penn State and such paint up. It is something you expect to see when you turn on ESPN during football season.

Agreed!

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I come down on the anti-flamingo side of things, at least as a widespread tradition. It was borne of mocking Auburn, it doesn't need to become one of our standard practices.

Maybe some of the Golden Brahman-style bulls can help me out with this-- I think I remember seeing some program on the early days of the Uni, and at some point a bunch of students stages a protest in which they all wore bermuda shorts (apparently, they weren't allowed or something). I thought that could be a cool little nod to our history and our school.

As far as mascot-style traditions go, I was ultra-excited when I heard we were raising a Rocky for the games. Real animal mascots are the best. And frankly, I think a bull with a penchant for attacking people is just the kind of bull to represent our school, but maybe I'm a little too hardcore. Anyone know the status of the live bull? I'm sure it's been answered, but I missed the boat.

Also, I'm tired of me and my three friends being the only people who know the **** fight song!! Exaggeration, of course, but I think knowing the fight song outside of the S-O-U-T-H part would be awesome for everyone.

We're in 113 and always sing the fight song.  For years it was in the weekly program.

Singing the alma mater might be a novel idea as well  not just      University of South Florida, alma mater hail to thee.

Archived