• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pregame Traditions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

2 things coming from a seasoned Bull fan here.  Honestly...

1.) War Flamingoes <----GREAT FREAKIN' IDEA!!!  Really gives us the Florida atmosphere.  Maybe we can get green ones made, though.  And save the pink ones for like one row in the student section.  I mean come on...we are SOUTH FLORIDA!!!

2.) GO TO PRE-GAME!!! If you want to feel like this school has traditions, then learn the words to the fight song, alma mater, and fanfare section of March Victorious.  Do that and then the rest won't matter.  Baby steps...

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

War Flamingo is ******* stupid!!  All it does it makes us look stupid.  The person that came up with it is....well, I don't want to call him stupid, but.....whatever.

STUPID IDEA!  LET IT DIE!  People will just make fun of USF for keeping it up and will see it as us copying Auburn.

Let us create our OWN ideas that relate to USF....not something stupid that has NOTHING to do with USF and that only 3-4 students follow.

War Flamingo....give me a ******* break!

Sorry, rant over.  I hate this stupid idea!

It's supposed to be stupid, that's the charm in it. It's never going to catch on with a huge following but looking over and seeing a handful of pink among all the green is hilarious and fun ...

• Content Count:  571

People will just make fun of USF for keeping it up and will see it as us copying Auburn.

thats where you lost me

http://www.prankplace.com/inflatable_flamingo.htm

i know the first thing i'm ordering with my tax returns.

• Content Count:  509

BATHING SUITS!!!  more of a pregame, ingame, postgame tradition

• Content Count:  2,307

People will just make fun of USF for keeping it up and will see it as us copying Auburn.

thats where you lost me

http://www.prankplace.com/inflatable_flamingo.htm

i know the first thing i'm ordering with my tax returns.

Psteazy, I take it you don't know where the War Flamingo idea came from.

And Triple B.... I just think it's still a really dumb idea....too stupid to be funny.  And trust me, I'll all about jokes and funny....but this flamingo thing is really stupid.  It was ok this past year...but in no way should this continue.

• Content Count:  571

war eagle from auburn, thank you though.

there is practically no correlation between the two other than the first word of the name; that seems too obvious to even have to point out though but whatever.

one is a live eagle that flies through the auburn stadium pregame, the other is an inflatable flamingo flaunted by drunk students at times of excitement.

i'll even buy you one, 2.89!

• Content Count:  1,479

war eagle from auburn, thank you though.

there is practically no correlation between the two other than the first word of the name; that seems too obvious to even have to point out though but whatever.

one is a live eagle that flies through the auburn stadium pregame, the other is an inflatable flamingo flaunted by drunk students at times of excitement.

i'll even buy you one, 2.89!

It was created as a joke the week we played Auburn, so it is a little more than "no correlation", which is what I believe Mag Pie was refering to.

• Content Count:  5,241

You cant force tradition.

Anywho, The tradition I would go with is having a bull fight in the parking lot, where the drunkest fans fight a live bull. Or a matador if we can get one across the border.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

"Painting Up" is the gayest thing ever. USF gets mocked because of that. I dont see any big time schools, and by that I mean SEC schools, doing that.

• Content Count:  2,478

"Painting Up" is the gayest thing ever. USF gets mocked because of that. I dont see any big time schools, and by that I mean SEC schools, doing that.

'

Sir you are very wrong. I have seen many traditional schools like Penn State and such paint up. It is something you expect to see when you turn on ESPN during football season.

Archived