• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Pregame Traditions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Psteazy, I take it you don't know where the War Flamingo idea came from.

war eagle from auburn, thank you though.

there is practically no correlation between the two other than the first word of the name; that seems too obvious to even have to point out though but whatever.

one is a live eagle that flies through the auburn stadium pregame, the other is an inflatable flamingo flaunted by drunk students at times of excitement.

i'll even buy you one, 2.89!

It was created as a joke the week we played Auburn, so it is a little more than "no correlation", which is what I believe Mag Pie was refering to.

Thanks Andy. 

And again, like nobull said, we can't force tradition....it'll jut happen.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

"Painting Up" is the gayest thing ever. USF gets mocked because of that. I dont see any big time schools, and by that I mean SEC schools, doing that.

You are joking right???  Please tell me you are kidding...

Hell, I'm not even in the Beef Studs and I've never painted up, but I know thats its a staple tradition for FOOTBALL IN GENERAL to get painted up in your teams colors.  Don't be ignorant costa...lol

heres some proof for ya...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole-body_painting

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/campus.bodypaint.gallery/content.1.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/campus.bodypaint.gallery/content.3.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/campus.bodypaint.gallery/content.8.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/campus.bodypaint.gallery/content.10.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/campus.bodypaint.gallery/content.11.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/campus.bodypaint.gallery/content.12.html

You get the point...basically...I think our fans (Beef Studs) do it the best by painting themselves the same way every game.  Good stuff...and then you also have your radicals out there that "Do-it-themselves" lol.  Good stuff...I think the Beef studs are in that SI.com slideshow BTW.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Alright, I guess Im wrong about the other schools issue. I still thinks its pretty dumb though. Seems bush league to me.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

im a current student, and pink flamingos is dumb... woohoo we beat auburn, now mock their tradition? it was a joke on auburn shouldn't be anything more... if we beat the seminoles i hope we dont show up at rayjay with bows and arrows. or if we beat the gators i hope we dont have gator stuffed animals at the stadium.... let traditions start on their own... it takes time.

• Content Count:  2,277

War Flamingo is ******* stupid!!  All it does it makes us look stupid.  The person that came up with it is....well, I don't want to call him stupid, but.....whatever.

STUPID IDEA!  LET IT DIE!  People will just make fun of USF for keeping it up and will see it as us copying Auburn.

Let us create our OWN ideas that relate to USF....not something stupid that has NOTHING to do with USF and that only 3-4 students follow.

War Flamingo....give me a ******* break!

Sorry, rant over.  I hate this stupid idea!

EXACTLY!!  The flamingos are so immature and make us look really stupid.  The worst part about it is where it came from.  It has nothing to do with our school or our team or anything at all!  It not even like CJL's lawn got "flamingo'd" and now they do it as a joke or anything.  Leave the flamingo's at home!

• Content Count:  2,726

The Flamingos are great!  Leave them alone...they are a stupid but funny tradition that we picked up last year.  We are not "really" mocking them with the Flamingos.  Just saying..."hey, some schools use eagles, we are from Florida so we use Flamingos." Its a statement of regional pride.  And, its funny to have a group of students walking around with funny looking blow up flamingos.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

LETS ALL BE BEEF STUDS CUZ THEY ARE TEH KEWLEST AND MOST SPIRITED GROUP AROUND, LOL!!1!one!

• Content Count:  412

I come down on the anti-flamingo side of things, at least as a widespread tradition. It was borne of mocking Auburn, it doesn't need to become one of our standard practices.

Maybe some of the Golden Brahman-style bulls can help me out with this-- I think I remember seeing some program on the early days of the Uni, and at some point a bunch of students stages a protest in which they all wore bermuda shorts (apparently, they weren't allowed or something). I thought that could be a cool little nod to our history and our school.

As far as mascot-style traditions go, I was ultra-excited when I heard we were raising a Rocky for the games. Real animal mascots are the best. And frankly, I think a bull with a penchant for attacking people is just the kind of bull to represent our school, but maybe I'm a little too hardcore. Anyone know the status of the live bull? I'm sure it's been answered, but I missed the boat.

Also, I'm tired of me and my three friends being the only people who know the **** fight song!! Exaggeration, of course, but I think knowing the fight song outside of the S-O-U-T-H part would be awesome for everyone.

• Content Count:  937

lets start a tradition of winning the big east....

Archived