• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Noel Devine in some trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

Everyone knew Devine was a turd coming out of high school.  I'm sure this is the first of many incidents we will hear about.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Word on the street is that the others involved in the altercation thought that Noel and Jock were the entertainment scheduled for Midget Tossing night at Club Z.

• Content Count:  117

This is nothing new for Noel.

Would you care to elaborate? He's been in previous bar fights? Has he ever been arrested? Has he even been charged in this allegation?

• Content Count:  86

Yes, Jock Sanders went to St. Petersburg Catholic.  Kinda saddens me to hear this, but I don't know all the facts either. I give Jock the benefit of the doubt, he's not a trouble maker, I tend to think he was in the wrong place at hte wrong time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Eeek.. Husni better hope that the WVU crowd doesn't get a hold of him for getting Noel in trouble.

And I really would like to see Noel stay out of trouble also.

the reporters got this fromthe police and I doubt anything will happen to the students since they apparently were not about to file any charges. smart move-- avoiding being a pariah

the other part of the article that caught my interest--- did you note this statement?

"West Virginia football coach Bill Stewart did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Tuesday afternoon."

if this were a Tampa paper-- I believe it would be written as "REFUSED to comment"

getting sick of that type of verbage personally. Unless a coach or player or whoever literally says "I refuse to comment", can we start using was not able to comment or could not be reached for comment or something less sinister than "REFUSED"? It makes it sound like they are hiding something simply because they either did not want to talk to a reporter or did not take a call from them or were advised to hold comment.

Bar fights--- the other thing I don't know about is what is Devine-- a true sophomore-- doing in a bar? Is it illegal?

Mike, is it possible that "refused comment" actually means "refused comment" ?  (As in, the reporter in question talked to the subject who said - "I'm not going to comment on that.")

• Content Count:  1,297

Eeek.. Husni better hope that the WVU crowd doesn't get a hold of him for getting Noel in trouble.

Bar fights--- the other thing I don't know about is what is Devine-- a true sophomore-- doing in a bar? Is it illegal?

Well, true sophomore means he's what 18 - 19........he would be allowed into most bars since he's over 18........but the question is, was he drinking illegally........10 bucks says he was getting his swerve on. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Looks like Deion did teach him everything he knows.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Mike, is it possible that "refused comment" actually means "refused comment" ?  (As in, the reporter in question talked to the subject who said - "I'm not going to comment on that.")

Your example would more warrant a "declined to comment" rather than the harsher "refused to comment" .... Now if he had said "Screw you. I'm not going to comment on that", that should get the refused tag. Without being there, there's no way to tell.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Well, true sophomore means he's what 18 - 19........he would be allowed into most bars since he's over 18........but the question is, was he drinking illegally........10 bucks says he was getting his swerve on. 

Your pretty ignorant if you think some of our footbulls who are under 21 aren't in bars on the weekends.  These are college kids and college kids will get into bars underage and will actually do it a lot easier if they are football players. I love the double standards around here.   

Archived