• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some info regarding the new Beef ‘O’ Brady’s on Campus

USFan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

TAMPA , Fla. (Feb. 11, 2008) The Beef ‘O’ Brady’s casual-dining chain said it is planning to open a 4,000-square-foot unit on the campus here of University of South Florida in partnership with Aramark, the school’s foodservice concessionaire.

The outlet, slated to open this summer, could lead to campus collaborations nationwide between the restaurant chain and Aramark, said Nick Vojnovic, president of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Tampa-based parent, FSC Franchise LLC.

“The ability to now be featured on a college campus will take our brand marketing strategy to a whole new level,†he said. 

The Tampa restaurant will feature USF memorabilia as part of its decor. It will be housed in a student union that is being renovated. Lunch tabs are expected to average less than $10, and dinner checks should typically run about $12, said a Beef ‘O’ Brady’s spokesman.

The chain has another unit about 10 miles from where the future site of the USF store.

The 250-unit Beef ‘O’ Brady’s chain is described by its franchisor as a “family-friendly sports pub/restaurant franchise that thrives on close connections to local sports teams and community organizations.â€Â

Aramark, based in Philadelphia, is one of the world’s largest contract services companies.

http://www.nrn.com/breakingNews.aspx?id=350448

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

TAMPA , Fla. (Feb. 11, 2008) The Beef ‘O’ Brady’s casual-dining chain said it is planning to open a 4,000-square-foot unit on the campus here of University of South Florida in partnership with Aramark, the school’s foodservice concessionaire.

The outlet, slated to open this summer, could lead to campus collaborations nationwide between the restaurant chain and Aramark, said Nick Vojnovic, president of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Tampa-based parent, FSC Franchise LLC.

“The ability to now be featured on a college campus will take our brand marketing strategy to a whole new level,†he said.   

The Tampa restaurant will feature USF memorabilia as part of its decor. It will be housed in a student union that is being renovated. Lunch tabs are expected to average less than $10, and dinner checks should typically run about $12, said a Beef ‘O’ Brady’s spokesman.

The chain has another unit about 10 miles from where the future site of the USF store.

The 250-unit Beef ‘O’ Brady’s chain is described by its franchisor as a “family-friendly sports pub/restaurant franchise that thrives on close connections to local sports teams and community organizations.â€Â

Aramark, based in Philadelphia, is one of the world’s largest contract services companies.

http://www.nrn.com/breakingNews.aspx?id=350448

Another unit 10 miles away?  Did the Beef's on Fowler close?

• Content Count:  296

Nope, and there's one just off Bruce B. Downs on Bearss too

• Content Count:  1,532

For those who like to drink on campus... the Beefs will be serving beer and wine.  They will restrict drinking (2 beer max and no pitchers).  I believe game days/sundays they might offer pitchers or something.  I'll post whatever I find out when I find out from Aramark.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

For those who like to drink on campus... the Beefs will be serving beer and wine.  They will restrict drinking (2 beer max and no pitchers).  I believe game days/sundays they might offer pitchers or something.  I'll post whatever I find out when I find out from Aramark.

Super.Weak.

Still, I <3 Beef's honey BBQ sawse.

Super.Weak.

Still, I <3 Beef's honey BBQ sawse.

Yeah, I know.  I'm not surprised that they are going to try, being on campus and all.  I am still advoacting for looser rules... trust me...

• Content Count:  478

I am so confused why USF would want to have such strict rules. UT, USFSP, UCF and USC all have bars on campus. We used to have the empty keg in the marshall center even. I can remember having more than 2 beers at all of those locations.

Could you find out about the rules these other schools have to compare? 2 beers sound kind of strict to me... and no pitchers? What if i come in with 5 friends?  Most people (well most people that I know) don't need a no pitcher rule or 2 beer per person rule to behave responsibly...of course there are special occasions where people are going to want to drink more- esp at a high stress environment like a university!

are they even thinking about employees, grad students and faculty when they make this rule??  Im sorry -- if I am in med school or just defended my dissertation - im going to want more than 2 beers. if the drinkers are of age and no one throws up in the place or starts trouble whats the problem! If i can have more than 2 beers at Chilis down the street - then why cant i have one at the bar on campus? What about alumni who want to go there homecoming weekend or after alumni events on campus?

Its a restaurant not a club right? Are ya'll thinking it will turn into macdintons or whiskey after 10pm? If that is the case I can see the need for restrictions but I thought it was just a laid back sports bar and a place where I can get lunch or dinner?

Im confused.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I am so confused why USF would want to have such strict rules. UT, USFSP, UCF and USC all have bars on campus. We used to have the empty keg in the marshall center even. I can remember having more than 2 beers at all of those locations.

Could you find out about the rules these other schools have to compare? 2 beers sound kind of strict to me... and no pitchers? What if i come in with 5 friends?  Most people (well most people that I know) don't need a no pitcher rule or 2 beer per person rule to behave responsibly...of course there are special occasions where people are going to want to drink more- esp at a high stress environment like a university!

are they even thinking about employees, grad students and faculty when they make this rule??  Im sorry -- if I am in med school or just defended my dissertation - im going to want more than 2 beers. if the drinkers are of age and no one throws up in the place or starts trouble whats the problem! If i can have more than 2 beers at Chilis down the street - then why cant i have one at the bar on campus? What about alumni who want to go there homecoming weekend or after alumni events on campus?

Its a restaurant not a club right? Are ya'll thinking it will turn into macdintons or whiskey after 10pm? If that is the case I can see the need for restrictions but I thought it was just a laid back sports bar and a place where I can get lunch or dinner?

Im confused.

Hard to believe they won't have pitchers or allow more than a couple of beers.  As far as the type of place, Beef's are known as family sports bars that typically close by 11 or 12 at the latest.  I would think this location would be no different and might even close earlier, say 10 PM.

• Content Count:  478

yeah i know  ;) i was being sarcastic. sorry if that didnt come out in the post.  i spent almost every friday at the beefs on macdill after school and after basketball games in middle school and in high school.

if they implement this policy i am definitely writing an angry alumni letter. Last time I checked there are others on campus besides drunk undergrads.

I haven't talked to the Aramark director in a few weeks... I'll check on it again.  If you provide me with research from other institutions, I could use it.  bdschmidt@sg.usf.edu

Archived