• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCarney to the Gaytors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

McCarney was our biggest recruiter this year...trust me when I say he will be missed. Don't diss him though, he is a very nice guy and an excellent coach.

if he goes to gators he is a dirt bag

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we got coach Mac, it was a steal. He was fired late, planning to take some time off, and CJL talked him into coming down and taking a low paying job in a position that was well below him.

I wich we could have kept him one more year, but I don't think any of us expected for him to be here long term. Those that are angry from a recruiting stand point, why? He is done recruiting, stayed to the end this year, and hasn't started recruiting for next year really. Sure, he takes the relationships with coaches with him, but you're kidding yourself if you think he has better relationships with those coaches than guys already on the UF staff.

He will be missed, but we'll be fine. As long as we have Leavitt, we are going to continue to get better. By the way, it's not a done deal yet, right? I mean, he could potentially be talked out of it. Who knows.

he wont be missed

he will be easily replaced

"Neidermayer? Dead! ... Marmalard? Dead! ... McCarney? ...  fuggetaboutit...

"You're dead to me!"

TONY_narrowweb__300x430,0.jpg

hall of fame nomination is in order

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

"Neidermayer? Dead! ... Marmalard? Dead! ... McCarney? ...  fuggetaboutit...

"You're dead to me!"

TONY_narrowweb__300x430,0.jpg

alan4flso4.jpg

;D ;D ;D

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Da__ it!

I am really pissed. The Gators, what a blow!  When are they going to fork over the dough to keep these guys around?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Sort of weird:

Gators hire ex-Iowa State head coach

FLORIDA TODAY

ADVERTISEMENT

South Florida assistant Dan McCarney has officially been hired by Florida. The Bulls assistant head coach spent one year at USF after 12 years as the head coach at Iowa State.

He is expected to be the defenisve line coach at UF but that situation remains in queston. It appeared Greg Mattison, UF's co-defensive coordinator, was haaded to the NFL's Baltimore Ravens.

Mattison, however, has not officially taken the job. Gators coach Urban Meyer appears to be making a last-second attempt at keeping him.

"Dan is a great addition to our coaching staff," said Meyer of McCarney. "His experience as a head coach will be invaluable. He has a proven record as a recruiter and a development of talent and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him as a coach and a person."

Full story with all its glorious misspellings

Bulls fans will love this line of ****:

"

"I'm thrilled about joining the Gator Nation, said McCarney. "I have the

utmost respect for Coach Meyer and the Florida football program. It is a

dream come true for me and my wife and we are looking forward to the

opportunity."

"

:throwup2

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Exactly, I'm not pissed at McCarney so much as I am frustrated how we get raided every friggin year not only of coaches, but of our best recruiters.  Sure there's nothing we can do about it until we get that $$$, but man it gets old.  Will someone please pitch my small time step up buyout plan to whoever the hell is negotiating these contracts?  A small $50K buyout would be a nice donation to the next coaches salary or step towards a dining hall...If we're going to keep putting out, might as well get paid!  lol

Yeah, or do like that which is done with players where transfers to in-state schools (or whatever) are not allowed.  I'd like to see our assistants restricted from going to conference foes or instate teams.  I wouldn't mind these guys leaving if it weren't seemingly always to the teams we are competing against.  Pro sports figured out the double-whammy of these kind of deals years ago.

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with smazza's comments on this thread...

• Content Count:  10,219

good riddance. its obvious he doesnt want to be here, if he did then he wouldnt of interviewed for niu, usa, or uf

we all knew this was a rent-a-coach deal from day one.

I for one was happy to have him.

CJL should have spent the year making a very short list of replacements.

when a former head coach come sto your program it means:

1. he bullieves his rep will not get tarnished any futher

2. he bullieves his time here is well spent and may enhance his chances of moving up.

and anyone who does not bullieve the assitant HC of the last NC/ SEC team is a move up from USF is wearing green and gold glasses.

I wish him luck!

hope he is a HC at a D1A program soon.

• Content Count:  2,052

Slob Ur Ban Meyer hates USF! He will try to do ANYTHING he can to try to upset our program. He still holds the grudge against us when he was at Bowling Green. Screw him! Let him take whoever. They still are the Gayturds!

Archived