• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

B.J. DANIELS PICKS BULLS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

SWEET!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

We've got our QB for 2010-2012

I'd like to see him compete for the job right away. I'm tired of Grothe's erratic play.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I'd like to see him compete for the job right away. I'm tired of Grothe's erratic play.

My guess is he redshirts...nothing to base that on, but history indicates a true frosh won't compete for the job unless necessary (injury).

• Content Count:  1,911

My guess is he redshirts...nothing to base that on, but history indicates a true frosh won't compete for the job unless necessary (injury).

He will redshirt unless we lose 4 quarterbacks to injury/grades/parking boots.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, with Grothe and Gregory and possibly Voss on the depth chart, I see BJ redshirting too.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

every job should be open

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

every job should be open

Absolutely.  But it's unlikely he'll unseat Grothe in fall practice.  We'd be silly to burn a year of eligibility for him to watch from the sidelines.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Great pickup... Grothe is a proven winner... he will only get better with better competition that will push him. Redshirt him this season... The following year, have him take snaps ala Leak and Gaybow... One thing that Leavitt learned from hopefully was becoming too reliant on a great QB and not giving snaps to the future QB. It cost him two seasons with the Banks and Julimeste maturation. We can't afford to throw the Carlton Hill's into the fire as frosh at QB. The learning curve is too steep in college unless you are a Peyton Manning raised QB. If you don't believe me, look at Jimmy Clausen. We would have sold our souls last season to have him come here... he became a whipping boy though in South Bend. I trust he will get a great education from Mike Canales. The guy is a good QB coach (ask Grothe).

• Content Count:  5,241

Glad to here we got him!

Whats up with Odoms (the WR)?

Has he officially gone the Miami route?

Archived