• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Class Imploding?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

Well, let's see, first Justin Green is not going to be admitted due to Academics.

Now it appears WR Anthony Jones is signing with Middle Tennessee State.

Is our class imploding before our eyes?

Also, great timing by Administration with this new Academic Committee.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Calm down chicken little. 

• Content Count:  1,757

We will see after today. Does not look too good right now. Losing a four star and Green is not a good way to start signing day

• Content Count:  2,523

Disgusting the way this day is going so far.  I had high hopes we had some guys on the staff that could "sell the vision", but it looks like we're significantly undergunned in the recruiting war as we're getting our clocks cleaned by the big three.  Shoot, with FSU and UM absolutely SUCKING the last few years, there's no reason we shouldn't have been able to pick off at least a few more Florida based studs.  I hope there's a few aces up the sleeve to surprise me, but so far it's looking like my biggest fears are coming to fruition. 

I dunno why everyone is freaking out

Green-We knew he was iffy on grades and honestly its better to find out now in case a transfer wants to come at a later date we wont be handcuffed by Green trying to qualify.  Any chance he will be a PRCC place?

Streeter-everyone knew we we're in the mix but he was never ever a lock for us or anything so i can't see a reason to be too disappointed

Jones-Another guy we were questioning if he would reach campus or not because of grades.

So thats two guy who we weren't even sure if they would make it on campus and one that never really gave us any clear cut signs that we had him.  Seems like people are overreacting a bit.  Yes they are all great players but its not like any of them were for sure locks to be on campus yesterday so i don't see the reason to be all bent out of shape today.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Disgusting the way this day is going so far.  I had high hopes we had some guys on the staff that could "sell the vision", but it looks like we're significantly undergunned in the recruiting war as we're getting our clocks cleaned by the big three.  Shoot, with FSU and UM absolutely SUCKING the last few years, there's no reason we shouldn't have been able to pick off at least a few more Florida based studs.  I hope there's a few aces up the sleeve to surprise me, but so far it's looking like my biggest fears are coming to fruition. 

it is a good thing leavitt got his money

leavitt long tenure means squat in recruiting

• Content Count:  2,523

That's the problem Bull, look how FEW of these top guys we were talking too.  Shoot, there's schools right now who SUCK lightyears worse than USF on the field and are in worse locations that are SIGNING more higher rated recruits than we're getting to take us seriously.  That's a huge problem.  I was hoping we'd have some signings out of "left field" to surprise us to show we've made the jump to the next level, but it's clear so far we have not.  We've been fortunate to do what we've done with what we've gotten so far, but we are very far from going from a 4 loss team to a one loss team and conference winner and our window is slipping bc Pitt won't screw it up forever and WVU isn't losing any ground to us at all.  Make no mistake, today has been a disaster.  Yes, we've gotten some awesome kids, but not near as many as we needed.  With our returning starters, the "hit" won't show next season, but after 2009 season, we're in store for a massive step backwards right now.

That's the problem Bull, look how FEW of these top guys we were talking too.  Shoot, there's schools right now who SUCK lightyears worse than USF on the field and are in worse locations that are SIGNING more higher rated recruits than we're getting to take us seriously.  That's a huge problem.  I was hoping we'd have some signings out of "left field" to surprise us to show we've made the jump to the next level, but it's clear so far we have not.  We've been fortunate to do what we've done with what we've gotten so far, but we are very far from going from a 4 loss team to a one loss team and conference winner and our window is slipping bc Pitt won't screw it up forever and WVU isn't losing any ground to us at all.  Make no mistake, today has been a disaster.  Yes, we've gotten some awesome kids, but not near as many as we needed.  With our returning starters, the "hit" won't show next season, but after 2009 season, we're in store for a massive step backwards right now.

Sorry the program isn't developing to your standards.  Even without Streeter, Green, and Jones this is still pretty easily the best class USF has ever signed.  If the team goes out and can win a BE title or reach a BCS game this year you can expect us to win a few of the signing day battles.  Sad thing is we just aren't quite there yet when it comes to competing with the big dogs.  Why do you think CJL is asking for things like a dining hall that are standard at most major programs.  You don't just go out and start getting top recruits like streeter or liuget because your program is another year older and you went to a bowl game.  Some people really need to have patience because  the connections and program it takes to have annual top recruiting classes and get major players who can go just about anywhere they choose doesn't happen over night. 

• Content Count:  505

Jeesh, now we will have to listen about how UCiF kicked our ass in recruiting for the next 365 days.  Really sad that we are not making the next step in recruiting.  Nationally the perception will be/is that we are not apart of the big boys.  All the analyst's will say/think that when we beat an Auburn that Auburn had an off day.  Then when we lose a game they will say that they were right we don't belong.  4 years from now I hope we see this as a successful class but ranking in the 50's or 60's really isn't going to turn any heads today.  Hopefully we get a few good surprises but unfortunately the only surprises we are getting are bad.  Just guess I'll have to learn to lower my expectations.  

Archived