• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Class Imploding?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Actually Ruger7mmmag, FSU has sucked because of no Offensive Line (look at 2 5-star QBs and 2 NFL draft picks at RB all on the same team and sucking, and Antone Smith is good as well).  Same with Miami.  In fact, Miami didn't exactly bolster their O-Line this year.  FSU did, getting a lot of guys.

More importantly, we just got 4-star QB BJ Daniels.

Good point.  Miami has 30+ commitments and only 1 OL last I looked.  That is pretty strange for a team with needs on the OL.  Although they seem to have 6 LBs, 6 WRs and 7 safeties.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Actually Ruger7mmmag, FSU has sucked because of no Offensive Line (look at 2 5-star QBs and 2 NFL draft picks at RB all on the same team and sucking, and Antone Smith is good as well).  Same with Miami.  In fact, Miami didn't exactly bolster their O-Line this year.  FSU did, getting a lot of guys.

Very true and very excited (more like relieved) now that Baker and Daniels are on board.  Seems like we may be salvaging things.  If we could've held Jones at WR plus these guys, we'd have definitely made a big jump from last year.  As it is, I think we did improve over last year depending on how many of these guys qualify.  If they all do, then we definitely made a jump, if not, then I'd say we were slightly ahead of last year, but not in the top 35 like I was hoping after this season.

It sucks not getting Streeter or Jones, but we really don't need WRs right now.  Daniel Bryant signed, at least.  We should be good at WR for awhile, and Murray at RB further solidifies that position.  We filled the LB spot that Moffitt left, we have guys that can play CB and DT, and nearly every other position returns.  Oh, and DE depth got a lot better with Marshall and Bedford.  As long as our O-line is decent, we should be improved at every position from last year (for the 2nd year in a row).

• Content Count:  2,523

I hear you Windbane and Sanjay, but you can never have too many potential studs at a position as you never know who will pan out or not.  Miami taking so many WRs makes it even more puzzling why we couldn't land Streeter.  Would've made a nice future pair with Daniels and he would've had much less competition than with what he'll face over at UM.  Then again, Like I said above, my feeling is he's the best one of their bunch and he probably knows that.

As for our team, I'm happy with how things ended up.  Had we not gotten these last two studs, then I would've been right to be so disappointed.  But these two guys make a big difference at the positions they play as we really needed some help there.

Still can't believe Miami didn't rope in more OL.  Maybe their guys from last year just needed experience/time???

I hear you Windbane and Sanjay, but you can never have too many potential studs at a position as you never know who will pan out or not.  Miami taking so many WRs makes it even more puzzling why we couldn't land Streeter.  Would've made a nice future pair with Daniels and he would've had much less competition than with what he'll face over at UM.  Then again, Like I said above, my feeling is he's the best one of their bunch and he probably knows that.

As for our team, I'm happy with how things ended up.  Had we not gotten these last two studs, then I would've been right to be so disappointed.  But these two guys make a big difference at the positions they play as we really needed some help there.

Still can't believe Miami didn't rope in more OL.  Maybe their guys from last year just needed experience/time???

Yeah, I definitely agree on never having enough studs at a position, it's just fortunate that some of the best recruits we lost out on aren't huge needs.  I also agree Streeter might be the best WR that signed at UM, so it's more confusing that all those other guys signed.  Same with LB and SS.  I guess time will tell about their OL.  It's hard to go from no bowl to anything significant without new OL guys, though.

BJ Daniels and Alton Voss will fight for QB I guess in 2 years.  Should be fun.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Very true and very excited (more like relieved) now that Baker and Daniels are on board.  Seems like we may be salvaging things.  If we could've held Jones at WR plus these guys, we'd have definitely made a big jump from last year.  As it is, I think we did improve over last year depending on how many of these guys qualify.  If they all do, then we definitely made a jump, if not, then I'd say we were slightly ahead of last year, but not in the top 35 like I was hoping after this season.

It sucks not getting Streeter or Jones, but we really don't need WRs right now.  Daniel Bryant signed, at least.  We should be good at WR for awhile, and Murray at RB further solidifies that position.  We filled the LB spot that Moffitt left, we have guys that can play CB and DT, and nearly every other position returns.  Oh, and DE depth got a lot better with Marshall and Bedford.  As long as our O-line is decent, we should be improved at every position from last year (for the 2nd year in a row).

for an offense that runs many 4 and 5 receiver sets

we dont have an elite receiver

our current crop of receivers arent even average

every position on the bulls can be upgraded

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

without a top OL usf will always lose to underdogs and will never be able to dominate big east like miami did

• Content Count:  5,241

We got a good amount of O-line recruits even without that Justin Green kid, Im not too worried about the line

We got a good amount of O-line recruits even without that Justin Green kid, Im not too worried about the line

Yep, and we might still get Justin Green!

smazza:  Carlton Mitchell, Dontavia Bogan, Taurus Johnson, etc are above average receivers.

Archived