• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Streeter on way to visit this weekend!

TyBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

With so many WRs already committed and so many already on the current roster I find myself wanting Ohrian Johnson over Streeter.  USF has had tremendous success switching HS QB's to other positions once practices start and they can further evaluate their talent.  Without any other QB's in this class (save Evan Landi who is also listed as a DB) Ohrian would fill the need of someone who could wind up at QB, DB, or WR.  I don't know if Streeter's speed or vertical have been verified but guys like Ohrian who are 6'4'' with a verified 40'' vertical leap and a 10' 5'' broad jump are extremey rare.

If you had to choose between the two based on what you know right now which one would you choose?  Me I'm going with Ohrian.     

You can't teach the size speed combo that Streeter has and he already does a great job using his body to shieild the defender and catch the ball with his hands.  We desperately need a viable go to guy for third downs and the redzone and what better than a 6' 5" guy with great hands and 4.5 speed.  Streeter's measurables are all verfied hes one of the best Wr recruits in the country at the best high school team in the country not some kid from a backwoods school somewhere.   He's the real deal and would have an impact immediately for us. 

If i had to pick one it would have to be Streeter but thankfully we're in a position that we can still get both.  Hopefully the staff seals the deal on these two to round out what is shaping up to be our best class ever IMO. 

I asked for your opinion and thank you.  Personally I don't see much difference between 6'4'' and 6'5'' which is easily overcome by Ohrian's verified leaping ability.  Ohrian also runs in the 4.5's and those stats are verified by a combine hosted by an affiliate of USFNation.com.  I tend to trust the stats that are taken from combines versus those that may have been taken in isolation by one coach or another (so yes I have read that Streeter runs a 4.5 just taking it with a grain of salt at this point).  Also it is quite common for the best athlete on a HS team to be the QB and therefore his abilities as receiver are difficult to rate.  Being the best athlete on a given team usually means you have great body control and hand eye coordination that go hand and hand with being a great wideout.  Which is why it is very easy to find an athletic HS QB that has successfully made the transition to another position in college.  Taken one step further you don't have to look far to find college QB's who have successfully changed positions upon moving to the NFL.  Streeter is getting the publicity but if I remember correctly UM took another WR from his HS over him.  So even at his enviable size in some minds he isn't even the best receiver on his HS team.  Don't get me wrong I want Streeter if we can't get Ohrian but between the two from what I know I'm going with Ohrian.       

The problem is you're making an awful big assumption that Orhian can come in and play receiver.  In HS he played almost exclusively as a RB, QB, and DB...he hasn't played must receiver in the past five years.  I tend to not want to go that route for a big time program if you can help it, like when you see a Peter Warrick type at QB, because you're moving an athlete to receiver and in our intricate passing attack the transition will take longer.  Having seen both play I would say Streeter, is he 4.5 or 4.6 is semantics, what Streeter does exceptionally well are three things, 1. catches the ball with his hands, he uses his body to his advantage as good as I've seen a big HS receiver do, and he's physical and plays smart.  See them both and Streeter is definitely in the 6-5 range, and Orhian is more like 6-3, and yeah Orhian ran in the 4.5 range at the scout combine but he also had an awful shuttle run of 4.71, which to me shows limited flexibility and quickness...not idea for receiver (maybe he didn't take the test seriously).

Right now, Streeter is the best receiver of the two by a wide margin.  What he lacks in track stuff he makes up in amazing intagibles, and size.  He's also the type of kid that if he spends a year devoted to football could be amazing.  Orhian to me is a poor man's replacement.  He'll take a few years but COULD develop into a dangerous receiver, but my bet he could be an awesome replacement for Nate Allen.

Ideally for USF is landing Streeter as the pure wide out, also land Tay Odom for that speedy slot we're missing, and Orhian as the sure fire FS we'll need behind Nate Allen.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

With so many WRs already committed and so many already on the current roster I find myself wanting Ohrian Johnson over Streeter.  USF has had tremendous success switching HS QB's to other positions once practices start and they can further evaluate their talent.  Without any other QB's in this class (save Evan Landi who is also listed as a DB) Ohrian would fill the need of someone who could wind up at QB, DB, or WR.  I don't know if Streeter's speed or vertical have been verified but guys like Ohrian who are 6'4'' with a verified 40'' vertical leap and a 10' 5'' broad jump are extremey rare.

If you had to choose between the two based on what you know right now which one would you choose?  Me I'm going with Ohrian.     

You can't teach the size speed combo that Streeter has and he already does a great job using his body to shieild the defender and catch the ball with his hands.  We desperately need a viable go to guy for third downs and the redzone and what better than a 6' 5" guy with great hands and 4.5 speed.  Streeter's measurables are all verfied hes one of the best Wr recruits in the country at the best high school team in the country not some kid from a backwoods school somewhere.   He's the real deal and would have an impact immediately for us. 

If i had to pick one it would have to be Streeter but thankfully we're in a position that we can still get both.  Hopefully the staff seals the deal on these two to round out what is shaping up to be our best class ever IMO. 

I asked for your opinion and thank you.  Personally I don't see much difference between 6'4'' and 6'5'' which is easily overcome by Ohrian's verified leaping ability.  Ohrian also runs in the 4.5's and those stats are verified by a combine hosted by an affiliate of USFNation.com.  I tend to trust the stats that are taken from combines versus those that may have been taken in isolation by one coach or another (so yes I have read that Streeter runs a 4.5 just taking it with a grain of salt at this point).  Also it is quite common for the best athlete on a HS team to be the QB and therefore his abilities as receiver are difficult to rate.  Being the best athlete on a given team usually means you have great body control and hand eye coordination that go hand and hand with being a great wideout.  Which is why it is very easy to find an athletic HS QB that has successfully made the transition to another position in college.  Taken one step further you don't have to look far to find college QB's who have successfully changed positions upon moving to the NFL.  Streeter is getting the publicity but if I remember correctly UM took another WR from his HS over him.  So even at his enviable size in some minds he isn't even the best receiver on his HS team.  Don't get me wrong I want Streeter if we can't get Ohrian but between the two from what I know I'm going with Ohrian.       

Streeter is an absolute BEAST!  I don't think you have seen him play or his highlights, i saw one of the games on ESPNU.  He can fly, he is so much faster then everyone else on the field, at the level of competition he plays.  He has almost sure hands and I didn't see him drop a pass in the game.

STREETER> Orhian

That's a tall statement, no way Streeter is faster than his two teammates, but he makes up for it with sure hands, good route running, excellent size and smarts...I think he'll be the best of the three, and UM picked up the other two to much on measurables and not enough on the intangibles that I think will make Streeter the best of the bunch.

• Content Count:  18

I've only seen Streeter and he is the real deal, so if we can only have one I'll choose him.  But hey, let's get 'em both! 

tru!  ;D

• Content Count:  3,827

Streeter looks like a #1 WR. He just has that "feel", from the video I've seen. We've been used to a bunch of #2 and #3 WRs at USF for years, and now we have a chance to land what looks to be a #1 "of the future".

Put him next to Mitchell and Bogan?!.......watch out Big East.

• Content Count:  121

Streeter is an absolute BEAST!  I don't think you have seen him play or his highlights, i saw one of the games on ESPNU.  He can fly, he is so much faster then everyone else on the field, at the level of competition he plays.  He has almost sure hands and I didn't see him drop a pass in the game.

STREETER> Orhian

I've seen both of their highlight reels on Youtube and Streeter is a very polished receiver and dominates at the HS level but since we already have over 50 wideouts I think you go with Orhian and see which position he blossoms at (QB, WR, DB).  This has been a very successful formula for us in the past and is what got Miami the 5 titles they have.  Miami had good recruiting classes but what were exceptional at was recruiting athletes and then finding a way to get them on the field.  They were constantly makng 6'0'' DBs running backs, 6'0 running backs LBs, fullbacks DEs, etc.  I hope USF continues to recruit this in this fashion.  Especially recruiting athletic HS QBs for other positions.

Cardo, I definitely like your thinking and agree to an extent but Shoop is right that Streeter is a pure #1 (although I don't agree with Shoop that we don't have one on the team I do believe Taurus is when healthy, and Carlton is developing into one)...and you grab one of those guys when you can get one.

With that being said Ohrian wouldn't be a bad consulation prize if we lose Streeter. 

My optimistic finish is- BJ Daniels, Streeter, Baker, Luiget, Shaw, and Tay Odoms.

Probable finish is- BJ, Odoms, Orhian Johnson, and Leonard Johnson, with Baker as a darkhorse....I'd take that and smile all the way to the bank. ;D

• Content Count:  1,803

I met streeter today at the recruitment breakfast. He is extremely intelligent, which is a break from alot of the football players that you wonder how they got through high school. He is really tall and just looks athletic. He walked into the dinning room decked out in a USF shirt and jacket, so hopefully that is a good sign...I have only seen commits decked out in USF gear at these events. Baker was also there...George Selvie talked to him alot. Hopefully big George said something to sway him a little.

• Content Count:  75

Yeah I really think we have two #1 WR's in Taurus and C. Mitchell. Carlton took it up a notch this year and I really think he was on his way to having a big game at the bowl game if we could have jsut connected. He had the Oregon DB's beat on a couple of deep plays but the ball wasn't thown deep enough. He's a pheominal athlete much like TJ. I think those two are going to be phenominal next year and the next. Big TJ fan and he seemed to take it up a notch this year. We are getting very good at WR and having Streeter in would be great.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I met streeter today at the recruitment breakfast. He is extremely intelligent, which is a break from alot of the football players that you wonder how they got through high school. He is really tall and just looks athletic. He walked into the dinning room decked out in a USF shirt and jacket, so hopefully that is a good sign...I have only seen commits decked out in USF gear at these events. Baker was also there...George Selvie talked to him alot. Hopefully big George said something to sway him a little.

To expand on this...

We have tried to recruit star WRs in the past and they have failed in large part to not having a good head on their shoulders.  Shouldn't be a problem for Streeter.  How many star wideouts finish high school with a 4.3 GPA?  This means he did well in honors classes.  Be nice to have a guy that can represent our team positively on and off the field.  No Johnny Peytons here.

So Streeter >> Johnson

Archived