• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Bianchi is a gas bag and somehow managed to produce a morning radio show here in Orlando in the morning that is worse than Sileo (whom he replaced in this market). He's pandering to his readers. Period.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The only thing hot about a discussion with UCF is the hot air that comes from their fans, as they incessantly bloviate.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

After seeing UCF's facilities a few weeks ago, I think Bianchi is correct. UCF deserves to be in a BCS conference. The Knights play like a legit big-time program and proved it by winning 11 games last year, finishing the season off by beating the Georgia Bulldogs in a bowl game.

first time they win 11 games. first bowl win against an AQ team. though they are trending upwards.

Better still, they are the second-largest university in the country, have an impressive new on-campus stadium and have a new indoor practice facility, which is a rarity among FBS programs in Florida. Oh, and UCF is also in a top-20 media market.

practice bubble is nice, but stadium "impressive"... that's subjective. it's impressive that they have a stadium, and it's not horrible, but it's not awe inspiring. they need to fill it more. 2nd largest university in the country, even when i was there - they should have a million alumni by now...and i know alot of them live in the area...so why not show up? (i ask the same of usf fans too though)

kool aid.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

After seeing UCF's facilities a few weeks ago, I think Bianchi is correct. UCF deserves to be in a BCS conference. The Knights play like a legit big-time program and proved it by winning 11 games last year, finishing the season off by beating the Georgia Bulldogs in a bowl game.

first time they win 11 games. first bowl win against an AQ team. though they are trending upwards.

Wasn't that the first bowl win ever?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Wasn't that the first bowl win ever?

Uh ... yeah, it was ... but still, they DESERVE to be in a BCS conference ... because they "play like a legit big-time program"  ... because all legit big-time programs have ZERO wins against BCS teams with a winning record. Feldman is an idiot... Play up the size, "facilities", whatever, but don't make a buffoon of yourself by saying it's because they "play like a legit big-time program".... especially when none of those 11 wins came against a team with a winning record.

And before any lurking mouthbreathers chime in, no, we didn't deserve to be in one either when we got invited but that's not the discussion here ... I'd love for a Kaniggit fan to try and justify the statement that they play like a legit big-time program.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

If it's meant to happen, it will happen.  Do we have to like it?  No.  But is USF scared?  Not in the least.  To assert otherwise is ludicrous and defies logic.  

Oh and one more thing:

If the Big East were really serious about football interested in them, the UCF Knights would've already been invited, Mike Bianchi writes.

Fixed it for Mike Beyonce.

zing!

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

LOL at "impressive new on campus stadium." Anyone who goes into that stadium and is impressed must be an infant, or have never attended a football game of any sorts.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

LOL at "impressive new on campus stadium." Anyone who goes into that stadium and is impressed must be an infant, or have never attended a football game of any sorts.

+1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I would be very surprised if Feldman actually went to a game there.  To say the things he said in his article tells me that he's jumping on a bandwagon that is way off course regarding UCF and the Big East.  My guess is he is speaking out of ignorance.