• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

The only team with a winning record that UCF beat all season was a 7-5 team in the conference championship game. Except, now that team is 7-7 after a loss to a 6-6 Big East team.

Right letters, wrong order ... UCF beat SMU, 7-6, in their ccg and they play Army next week so the knights could still have a win over a team with a winning record.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Besides, UCF's football team is not "performing." Not in the same way their basketball team is. Their basketball team deserves this ranking and is probably the best team in the state. Their football team got ranked by beating a bunch of terrible teams in an embarrassingly horrible conference.

Horrible conference....Non AQ conference vs. AQ conference.......pot meet kettle. Keep pickin on little ole UCF and C-USA. Love it.

UCF is what ... 2-42 or so all time against BCS conference teams? Including 0-2 this year?

I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but yes, even the Big East is much better than Conference USA. The only team with a winning record that UCF beat all season was a 7-5 team in the conference championship game. Except, now that team is 7-7 after a loss to a 6-6 Big East team.

Yeah, Conference USA has a lot to hang its hat on.

Hey,  I was trying to find USF record against BCS teams before they join the Big East.    Do you know our exact record BEFORE we join the Big East?

I quickly looked at our schedules before they join the Big East and at a glance...we didn't have much success either.  I think the only way to fairly compare the two teams is to compare UCF with Pre-BCS USF

These were the BCS games that USF played prior to joining the Big East.  I could be wrong on if we played more because I'm just going off the teams I know for a fact are BCS.

Sat, Sep 09  Kentucky  at Lexington, KY  9 - 27 (L)

Sat, Sep 23  Baylor  at Waco, Texas  13 - 28 (L)

9-8-01 at Pittsburgh WON 35-26

at, Sep 14  Arkansas  at Little Rock, Ark  3 - 42 (L) 

Sat, Sep 28  Oklahoma  at Norman, OK  14 - 31 (L)

Sat, Aug 30  Alabama  at Birmingham, AL  17 - 40 (L)

Fri, Oct 31  Cincinnati  TAMPA  24 - 17 (W) 2OT

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  225

Besides, UCF's football team is not "performing." Not in the same way their basketball team is. Their basketball team deserves this ranking and is probably the best team in the state. Their football team got ranked by beating a bunch of terrible teams in an embarrassingly horrible conference.

Horrible conference....Non AQ conference vs. AQ conference.......pot meet kettle. Keep pickin on little ole UCF and C-USA. Love it.

UCF is what ... 2-42 or so all time against BCS conference teams? Including 0-2 this year?

I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but yes, even the Big East is much better than Conference USA. The only team with a winning record that UCF beat all season was a 7-5 team in the conference championship game. Except, now that team is 7-7 after a loss to a 6-6 Big East team.

Yeah, Conference USA has a lot to hang its hat on.

Hey,  I was trying to find USF record against BCS teams before they join the Big East.     Do you know our exact record BEFORE we join the Big East?

I quickly looked at our schedules before they join the Big East and at a glance...we didn't have much success either.  I think the only way to fairly compare the two teams is to compare UCF with Pre-BCS USF

These were the BCS games that USF played prior to joining the Big East.  I could be wrong on if we played more because I'm just going off the teams I know for a fact are BCS.

Sat, Sep 09   Kentucky  at Lexington, KY  9 - 27 (L)

Sat, Sep 23   Baylor  at Waco, Texas  13 - 28 (L)

9-8-01 at Pittsburgh WON 35-26

at, Sep 14   Arkansas  at Little Rock, Ark  3 - 42 (L)   

Sat, Sep 28   Oklahoma  at Norman, OK  14 - 31 (L)

Sat, Aug 30   Alabama  at Birmingham, AL  17 - 40 (L)

Fri, Oct 31   Cincinnati  TAMPA  24 - 17 (W) 2OT

Oh yeah those cames from these years

2002-2003

2003-2004

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

That's correct, our win against Pitt a few days before 911 was our first BCS win.  Within the next year or so was when we beat a ranked Bowling Green.  It spiraled up from there...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

That Cincinnati win doesn't count. They weren't an AQ team yet, they entered the same time we did right?

Guest nybullsfan

Guess it all depends on your definition of BCS, if you're including Cincinnati. Here are all our games against teams that are now, ever were, or will soon be, BCS. Up through the end of the 2004 season.

From 2005, we played Penn State, Miami, NCSU (all losses) and a full slate of Big East teams

W/L Date Opponent Location

L 9/9/2000 Kentucky Lexington, KY

L 9/23/2000 Baylor (TX) Waco, TX

W 10/28/2000 Connecticut Storrs, CT

W 9/8/2001 Pittsburgh (PA) Pittsburgh, PA

L 10/6/2001 Utah Salt Lake City, UT

W 10/13/2001 Connecticut Tampa, FL

L 9/14/2002 Arkansas Little Rock, AR

L 9/28/2002 Oklahoma Norman, OK

L 8/30/2003 Alabama Birmingham, AL

W 9/27/2003 Army (NY) West Point, NY

W 10/4/2003 Louisville (KY) Tampa, FL

L 10/10/2003 Texas Christian Tampa, FL

W 10/31/2003 Cincinnati (OH) Tampa, FL

L 9/18/2004 South Carolina Columbia, SC

W 9/25/2004 Texas Christian Fort Worth, TX

L 10/16/2004 Army (NY) Tampa, FL

L 10/22/2004 Louisville (KY) Louisville, KY

L 11/20/2004 Cincinnati (OH) Cincinnati, OH

L 12/4/2004 Pittsburgh (PA) Tampa, FL

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

And it still in no way compares to UCF's futility. Things USF can claim that UCF cannot:

- USF has beaten BCS conference teams with winning records, including out of conference

- USF has beaten ranked BCS conference teams, including out of conference

- USF took fewer than 34 tries or whatever it was for UCF to beat a BCS conference team

I'm sure I could think of more along those same lines if I were so inclined, but I think the point is clear. UCF winning conference USA three times now says FAR more about the poor quality of Conference USA than it does the UCF football team. They should be excited and all that about winning their conference, if USF was still in that minor league I'd be thrilled with a conference title too. But UCF's football team is not any good, and never has been. Even when they won that conference back in 2007, they still lost 64-12 to a team finished fourth in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I thought this thread was about men's basketball.  ;D

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I thought this thread was about men's basketball.  ;D

Umm, yes it was.

I mainly pointed out that their BB team is now ranked, while USF struggles to beat or even lose to teams that they should dominate.  Maybe Marcus Jordan has something to do with UCF's rise, but then why is Michael Jordan's son playing for UCF instead of a larger program?  Neither USF or UCF has entered into BB conference play, so the comparison is fair at this point in time.

Yes, their football team has only beaten weak teams except for SMU, and their record against BCS teams is horrible.  However, they have the perception of being on the rise.  This is something that is of some interest to the BIG EAST, along with that big Orlando TV market.

Funny how everyone is scared of playing them on a regular basis, as if this would hurt recruiting.  Total bunk.  You know what makes or breaks recruiting?  #1 - the head coach and his staff.  #2 - the opportunity to play for a program that will give a star high school player exposure, which could lead to a career in the NFL.

The rest is all BS argued by fat guys sitting their fat rumps typing away at computers instead of actually playing the game.

As far as UCF is concerned, I say "Bring them on".  If we are so great, then we should be able to defeat them everytime.